STAR TREK : Prelude to Axanar - Full Film (Official)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I realize this isn't new to a lot of you out there but, for those of you who aren't aware of the short proof-of-concept film STAR TREK : Axanar - Prelude to Axanar, which was actually made on a modest $80,000 budget and funded entirely by Kickstarter donations, this is something you have to see! Featuring actors Richard Hatch, Tony Todd, Kate Vernon, JG Hertzler and Gary Graham, this independent film is surprisingly well done and if you're a Star Trek fan, I think you'll enjoy it.

Now, the reason why I'm posting this now is because there's apparently been progress made in the feature-length film they've been working on an about a week ago, they posted up this short clip from it. Check it out. :cool:

All kinds of great info about what these guys are doing can be found here:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/star-trek-axanar

Patmasterflash

Great post Eddie! I'm a huge Star Trek fan but had no idea about this! Kickstarter is pretty awesome. I have helped fund a few old school video games 😎

CREEPR

Great to see that I am not the only geeky jeeper out there. I am more star wars than star trek but I love it all. Which is your favorite series WAL? My first love is TNG but quickly fell for enterprise even though it was short lived.

Thanks for sharing the update. I've been keeping a loose eye on this for a while now. Checking in with the site every few months just to see what progress is going on. I didn't know they had posted that new scene.

Love the idea of Richard Hatch as a Klingon. He looks like he slides into that role pretty easily. I think he found a new niche as a bad ass bad guy after his career was resurrected with his role reversal in the Battlestar Galactica remake.

Looking forward to the final product.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great to see that I am not the only geeky jeeper out there. I am more star wars than star trek but I love it all. Which is your favorite series WAL? My first love is TNG but quickly fell for enterprise even though it was short lived.

I'm first and foremost a fan of the original 2-6 films with Wrath of Khan being my favorite. Aside from that, I'm actually a fan of DS9 especially toward the mid/later part of the series where it started to get darker. I think it's why I am drawn to Axanar.

CREEPR

I'm first and foremost a fan of the original 2-6 films with Wrath of Khan being my favorite. Aside from that, I'm actually a fan of DS9 especially toward the mid/later part of the series where it started to get darker. I think it's why I am drawn to Axanar.

DS9 was a rollercoaster. I did not like the start but towards the end it was great. Ferengi always pissed me off. I did not care for the most recent movies. All action... No substance.

Brian G.

I must say that I am a Star Trek fan from way back. The original series, in my opinion, is the best. I never got to see The Next Generation, as I was deployed during part of the series, and never tried to catch up. I had missed so much, and felt it wasn't necessary. After all, Jamea T. Kirk, and Mr. Spock were the leaders of the Enterprise, correct?

JeepFan

Hooked
Wow! That was awesome. As you know, I'm a huge Star Trek fan and all I can say is we need Axanar to be a new TV series. :yup:

Thanks for sharing!!

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Enterprise, Voyager, original, TNG, DS9, enjoyed them all and all the movies. Trivia: Michael Dorn (Worf) was a regular on the tv show Chips, didn't recognize him until I saw his name in the credits.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow! That was awesome. As you know, I'm a huge Star Trek fan and all I can say is we need Axanar to be a new TV series. :yup:

Thanks for sharing!!

That's what I'm saying!! :thumb:

Very cool. Although, it is hard for me to hear a Klingon speak perfect English.

:cheesy: Honestly, the same thing went through my head. The least they could have done is give him a German accent or something :crazy eyes: :D

Trivia: Michael Dorn (Worf) was a regular on the tv show Chips, didn't recognize him until I saw his name in the credits.

WTF??? Now that you mention it - LOL, learn something new everyday :D

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Came across the movie on YouTube today, probably watch it tomorrow, checked out 2 others today: Renegades and Of gods and men. Both were pretty good, there are a few more I never heard about too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Came across the movie on YouTube today, probably watch it tomorrow, checked out 2 others today: Renegades and Of gods and men. Both were pretty good, there are a few more I never heard about too.

Been meaning to find some time to watch Renegades, I'm glad to hear you thought it was pretty good. Maybe this weekend.

Top Bottom