50" LED Light Bar Recommendations - Inexpensive

jk12blk

It became obvious on a recent night run I need more lighting. I have a set of Trucklites which I still need to install, but I'm thinking of adding a 50" led light bar as well. I found several off-brand 50" light bars which include the mounts for $150-$300 - not bad. I know you get what you pay for, but I'm really not interested in paying $500 or more for a light bar. Just need something which can occasionally light up the sky on the cheap. I've read using silicon to seal the gaps will help prevent moisture from seeping in - which I realize is probably not a problem on the higher priced quality leds. Anyway, curious if any of you have had good luck with the lower priced brands. If so, which brand/model? thanks!

USMC Wrangler

I don't have a lightbar, but get those TL's in and see the difference! Then you may be able to save that cash for a trip or another upgrade. Just my :twocents:

Jk909

I was in the same boat as you but once I installed and properly aimed my truck lites I was completely satisfied.

4x4Jesus

Caught the Bug
I agree that you should install the trucklites and then decide whether you need the 50" light bar. Here are some comparison photos of the trucklites vs factory headlights I took inside reward mine.(100% dark)

Unless of course you want the 50" light bar for looks also then by all means go for it.

These photos are taken in the exact same spot. Only thing that changes were the headlights.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438036408.666879.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438036417.756570.jpg

moorecb3

I agree that you should install the trucklites and then decide whether you need the 50" light bar. Here are some comparison photos of the trucklites vs factory headlights I took inside reward mine.(100% dark)

Unless of course you want the 50" light bar for looks also then by all means go for it.

These photos are taken in the exact same spot. Only thing that changes were the headlights.

View attachment 156144
View attachment 156145

Wow what a difference!

jk12blk

great! thanks for all the responses. I will install the TLs and see how it goes. Sometimes, it's almost better to not see what you are about to go over. With the added lights, I will be like :eek:

quertyman

maximumjeep.com you won't be disappointed. I have the 50" and pods on my jeep and they light up everything. And if anything at all happens to your lights he will send you another without question. Great service.

Last edited:

LSX-Jeep

Wow!!! On my list as well. Don't get me wrong I would like a set of Rigid's but I would rather put the money somewhere else. It looks like these lights will get the job done.

JakeJK

I've got a question on the truck lites
They have this package at northridge ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438261158.848232.jpg

But why wouldn't I just get this

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438261127.040882.jpg
And two of these?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438261181.200136.jpg

Seems to me like I can save 90 bucks

BSHEPHER

I got a set at tuffstuff4x4 in Santa Ana. I got a 50 inch itch and 20 inch for my front pumper and two spot for the pillars. All for under 300.00. I'm happy with them.

DESERTDAD

I also have a 50"Bar but you cant run that on the freeway so I see the point in spending the cash.
Visibility is King !!

big dr

I agree with others,, put in the truck lights first, then decide if you want more light. I would add,, if you are going with a cheap lightbar,, the chances of it failing are greatly improved,, so if it were me,, I'd save even more money and do a 10 or 20 inch on the bumper. That way if it does fail,, your not out that much. A 10-20 inch bar will put out plenty of light. :thumb:

jk12blk

I agree with others,, put in the truck lights first, then decide if you want more light. I would add,, if you are going with a cheap lightbar,, the chances of it failing are greatly improved,, so if it were me,, I'd save even more money and do a 10 or 20 inch on the bumper. That way if it does fail,, your not out that much. A 10-20 inch bar will put out plenty of light. :thumb:
Yep - totally understand you get what you pay for. I usually buy quality products, but I just cannot justify paying hundreds of dollars for something I would use occasionally when I night wheel. I probably would only install it prior to those types of trips, then shelve in my garage when I don't need it.

Top Bottom