Anyone run Barret lake trail?

Just got an email saying Barret lake trail just got reopened. I was thinking about running it on August 7th. Was just wondering if anyone had anything good or bad to say about it.

spinuck

Someone was saying that the gate is very narrow to get in. not sure how narrow or if there's a bypass for it. Be curious to see.

07JKSahara

Just got an email saying Barret lake trail just got reopened. I was thinking about running it on August 7th. Was just wondering if anyone had anything good or bad to say about it.

You're too wide. Gate is 82 inches, Jason said full width and slabs was right around 88.

But you can drive mine!! I'll trade toys for the day. 2 dr Nation!

Jkzinger

Caught the Bug
Did they narrow the gate? I know a guy with a 4 door JK on 60s that used to run it all the time.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I heard the gate was narrow, but I wasn't sure if we could still make it or not.

The last time I was there was just before they closed the trail. Back then, Moby was 88" wide and there was no way to pass through the gate they had setup. I haven't been there since and they may have changed the gate since that time but that's what I remembered. I may have to make a quick trip down just to see.

The last time I was there was just before they closed the trail. Back then, Moby was 88" wide and there was no way to pass through the gate they had setup. I haven't been there since and they may have changed the gate since that time but that's what I remembered. I may have to make a quick trip down just to see.

Man if you could make it down and find out that would be great. It looks like a very fun trail.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have gotten 2 emails saying that it was reopened. One from my local 4x4 club and the other from Cal 4 wheel.

Trust me, I wouldn't have made the trip down if I didn't think it was open. I can only report what I saw. Maybe something was going on today that warranted it being closed.

Trust me, I wouldn't have made the trip down if I didn't think it was open. I can only report what I saw. Maybe something was going on today that warranted it being closed.

Or maybe they just haven't gotten there yet to change the sign. Thanks for checking.

Top Bottom