Need to ask this

Prime

Hey everyone there's a retarded shop here in Texas that's building jeeps with stock Dana 30 axles putting 40" tires on the jeeps. And thinks it safe to do so. Am I in the wrong for calling him out for it? I don't want to end up dead because this moron is not upgrading at least the brakes on the jeeps...

I think this is a really stupid combination.., This said, I do know a few guys running this combo. One even wheeled fairly often. As much shit as I talked about it, he hasn't broke yet.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Why do all the bad shops seem to come out of Texas :greyno:

was the shop SAYING this, or just doing the job a customer asked for?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I feel for a jeep that sees only malls, 40s are "okay" but will break eventually. Worst part is the D30 r&p being soo small once you gear it to handle the 40s. I dont blame you tho I wouldnt want a few jeeps in my area running that combo and potentially killing me or friends/family, esp when you bring up the part about brake upgrades.

StrizzyChris

I dont see any potential for killing anyone. You just need to know that your stopping distance will not be as good as stock, and not drive like a maniac on the road. But as mentioned the R&P being so small is a ticking time bomb if they ever get the tire in a real bind .

Top Bottom