Toyo Open Country R/T's - What do You Think of Them?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
For what it's worth, I've been calling around looking for a replacement Trail Grappler and haven't been able to find one anywhere in the Reno/Carson City area. I've even looked at Discount Tires down in Sacramento and all are saying they need to be "special ordered". This is part of the reason why I've been looking at these R/T's.

JohnnyD

Yeah, been doing a bit more research and I'm not sure how much I'm liking the fact that it has slightly less tread depth and I still can't get past the lack of any real shoulder lugs. Guess I might have to just get another Trail Grappler (if I can find one) or maybe look into other options. Sure is hard to move back to an AT design after running MT's for so long.

So I'm finally back from AZ and grabbed a few pics for ya Eddy...including one to show ya the lug depth on the sidewalks...I have the E's

I don't necessarily wheel the same as you but loose rock and slick/wet rock performance is really good

The key for me was on road performance as I put a lot of blacktop miles on, in this respect they are stellar

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438352282.720621.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438352294.270945.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438352308.745471.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438352326.083461.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438352343.366443.jpg

Gratuitous poser shot....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438352606.388537.jpg

el_chupo_

A guy that lives down the road from my parents has a set of the R/T's on his Dodge 3500, I would guess stock replacement size, maybe a hair bigger, on Rockstar wheels.

Everytime I pass him I am all excited to see them in the wild, and then I am disappointed in them. I also saw a set at a local Discount tire that was wider, and I think that is really the kicker - on narrower tire they just look like a stylized AT, and once you get into the wider sizes, they seem to get some space between the tread and look a lot better.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
For what it's worth, I've been calling around looking for a replacement Trail Grappler and haven't been able to find one anywhere in the Reno/Carson City area. I've even looked at Discount Tires down in Sacramento and all are saying they need to be "special ordered". This is part of the reason why I've been looking at these R/T's.

Have you ever considered the Pro Comp Xtreme mt 2?

Last edited:
Top Bottom