Tire help, 33's or 35's

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Yea, what im saying is a 35 never actually measures 35. A 315 is not going to be a smaller alternative. Plenty of 315/70s are bigger than 35s.

Touche! Didn't know that about Nittos. Like I said all brands are different with their sizing.

Touche! Didn't know that about Nittos. Like I said all brands are different with their sizing.
Its all good. I just didnt want someone to buy 315s expecting them to be smaller than a 35. Even the ones that are smaller than a 35 wont be enough to matter.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Its all good. I just didnt want someone to buy 315s expecting them to be smaller than a 35. Even the ones that are smaller than a 35 wont be enough to matter.

True. Always do your research before any kind of build. That's what great about forums like this. You learn something new every day.

PB's-12JKU

As always this forum is a wealth of information and helpful people. I thank everyone for the advise and photos. At this point I am leaning to a BB and 33's. Now to see if I can find parts on The Big Island of Hawaii or have to pay large shipping cost. Again, Thank You all.

rsmwrangler

I have the same color Jeep, and I just did 33's last month, still on stock suspension until this Monday, when i'll be sporting a 2.5" RE lift.
I went with 33's to avoid regearing, extra wear and everything else that comes with bigger tires, mostly more money :), I'm always doing outdoor stuff with my wife and 3 kids, and the wife likes to carry a lot of stuff for everybody, plus I'm adding some armor to the Jeep soon, and because of the extra weight, i'll be doing gears in a couple of months. if you don't add much weight, the 3.21's will be decent to move 33's.

CAM03126 by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

Bought her on Friday afternoon last month
CAM03066 by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

Next day morning
CAM03068 by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

Untitled by SilverFJ RSM, on Flickr

Last edited:

PB's-12JKU

Thanks for the info. I am currently painting my stock rims black for now (have to get rid of the rental jeep look) and will go with 33's. I am leaning in the direction of 285/75/R16 BFG KO2 and a programmer to fix the speedo. Later i will upgrade the rims. I have found that we dont have as many 4x4 shops or tire stores on the Big Island like we had in Las Vegas.

Top Bottom