Rubicon amartbar Swaybar conversion

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Has anyone hooked up the rubicon swaybar to a non rubi jk and still used the electronic disco?

Your best bet is to go with a toggle switch. Get a wiring diagram for the wires coming from the harness and then find the ones you need. There will be extras. I was going to do it and had all the parts but didn't have time before a trip so I bought the no limits. Got lazy, gave away the harness and have been happy with the no limits since.

Spudcannons

Your best bet is to go with a toggle switch. Get a wiring diagram for the wires coming from the harness and then find the ones you need. There will be extras. I was going to do it and had all the parts but didn't have time before a trip so I bought the no limits. Got lazy, gave away the harness and have been happy with the no limits since.

How were you going to do it? I saw there are 4 necessary power wires one set for the motor and one set for the magnetic pin. The standard operation is a short momentary switch that pushed the disengage then the magnet pin thing holds it open as long as there is power to it.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
How were you going to do it? I saw there are 4 necessary power wires one set for the motor and one set for the magnetic pin. The standard operation is a short momentary switch that pushed the disengage then the magnet pin thing holds it open as long as there is power to it.

Do you have the factory harness?

Spudcannons

I found a momentary 3 way switch- off-on-momentary, I was thinking the easiest way to wire this thing up would be to have the on power the brake and the momentary to power the motor. So you would power the motor until it fully engaged the disconnected then return the switch to the on(break hot) position to hold the disco in the locked position. Thoughts?

mackey

I looked into doing this and found it would have been to difficult for my skills. I went with the EVO no limits which is super easy to use. I did not like how the OEM Rubicon swaybar would always try to reconnect itself every time I sped up. Now I simply turn the knob and it's done. Easy and no worries of it reconnecting on its own.

Spudcannons

I looked into doing this and found it would have been to difficult for my skills. I went with the EVO no limits which is super easy to use. I did not like how the OEM Rubicon swaybar would always try to reconnect itself every time I sped up. Now I simply turn the knob and it's done. Easy and no worries of it reconnecting on its own.

I am also tinkering with the idea of a one-shot time delay off relay(to run the motor) in parallel with a time delay on relay(for the break) to automate the process.

Top Bottom