Help with new lift option

ITLL GO

I have some money burning a hole in my safe and need to get my new jeep off the ground. I just picked up a 2015 JKU rubi and am looking at all the great lifts out there. My two top choices are the Rock Krawler 3.5 xfactor or the 2.5 flex. I have also heard good things about the evo short arm kits.

My end game will be 35" tires with 80% of jeep life on highways and roads. However I do go on fireroads almost every weekend. My main question is do I need the 3.5 or should I stick with the 2.5" as they tend to net more lift then advertised. Anyone have experience with the rock krawler or Evo kits?
Thanks guys!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438194865.171050.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
No experience with RK lifts, but personally I would go for the EVO enforcer and the tire clearance you need. Plush ride coils are one of the best riding springs on the market (subjective). Just my :twocents:

jedg

eh... I had an RK 2.5 max travel. Initially I was impressed. Over time (read with experience), I've decided their products are over-priced. EVO makes a better product (this is based on me riding in similarly equiped JKU to mine but with an EVO lift). At this point, the only parts left from my RK lift is the springs and I'll be replacing them with EVO springs in September. I believe (I'm sure someone can chime in if I'm wrong) EVO uses johnny joints on their control arms. RK uses heim joints, I found that they squeeked a lot ( I greased them at each oil change and after wheeling trips). I'm running Currie arms now (which use johnny joints like EVO) and with the same interval of greasing and are quiet. The other advantage is the EVO arms have johnny joints at both end. RK does not.

(note RK's new stuff may be different)

Dirt Foot

I'm running an Evo Enforcer 3" with 35" toyo's. Love the ride and I have great flex for what it is. Also rancho 9000.

Attachments

• 1438196523879.jpg
    1438196523879.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 94

ITLL GO

eh... I had an RK 2.5 max travel. Initially I was impressed. Over time (read with experience), I've decided their products are over-priced. EVO makes a better product (this is based on me riding in similarly equiped JKU to mine but with an EVO lift). At this point, the only parts left from my RK lift is the springs and I'll be replacing them with EVO springs in September. I believe (I'm sure someone can chime in if I'm wrong) EVO uses johnny joints on their control arms. RK uses heim joints, I found that they squeeked a lot ( I greased them at each oil change and after wheeling trips). I'm running Currie arms now (which use johnny joints like EVO) and with the same interval of greasing and are quiet. The other advantage is the EVO arms have johnny joints at both end. RK does not.

(note RK's new stuff may be different)

I have heard that those RK kits are noisy. I just have seen some of the AEV kits not having as much flex but drive good on street.

Dirt Foot

Looks great! Do they sell a complete kit? What else is needed?

You will also need evo front lower shock relocation brackets and I have a Synergy drag link flip kit. Don't forget to move your evap skid plate due to the additional flex you will get. Good luck.

Devallee

I'm gunna look at this. I think this at not be a bad way to go! Happen to know a good place to buy?

Try calling Evo themselves. Great customer service so you can ask any questions you want and get everything you need to complete your setup

Top Bottom