2 door hard top question.

Jk909

I have a 2 door and I'm debating on buying the trex top nx. The only problem is I need to put my hard top in a room that doesn't have a garage door. Has anybody ever tried to twist it through a standard door. I was thinking If the freedom panels are removed along with the rear window it may work.

07JKSahara

I have a 2 door and I'm debating on buying the trex top nx. The only problem is I need to put my hard top in a room that doesn't have a garage door. Has anybody ever tried to twist it through a standard door. I was thinking If the freedom panels are removed along with the rear window it may work.

Pretty sure it fits. Not going to be easy, but measure it to make sure. Look in the 2014 rubicon run pics, I think IrishJK got his i4 door in the hotel.

sassmouth

Yes it should just fit with probably 1/2" to spare assuming you're going through a residential doorway. You could always take the door off to gain a little more room if need be. I roll my hardtop through a couple of doorways every spring/fall.

Kumar

I wish I was allowed to take my hardtop inside instead of having it suspended from the garage ceiling. I'm always afraid that I'm going to bump my head on it.

Jk909

I wish I was allowed to take my hardtop inside instead of having it suspended from the garage ceiling. I'm always afraid that I'm going to bump my head on it.

I don't have room for it at my house but my dad has a very big house with a 1000 square foot room that isn't in use. He said I could put whatever I want in there.

Jk909

Yes it should just fit with probably 1/2" to spare assuming you're going through a residential doorway. You could always take the door off to gain a little more room if need be. I roll my hardtop through a couple of doorways every spring/fall.

Thanks man. Do you run a soft top too?

JayKay

Caught the Bug
I don't have room for it at my house but my dad has a very big house with a 1000 square foot room that isn't in use. He said I could put whatever I want in there.

How wide is the door? I have a 36" basement door and my JKU hard top fit without twisting. Now it's suspended from the garage ceiling since we finished our basement.

Jk909

How wide is the door? I have a 36" basement door and my JKU hard top fit without twisting. Now it's suspended from the garage ceiling since we finished our basement.

I haven't had a chance to go over there to measure it yet. Did you have to take out your rear window?

Top Bottom