Rough country to put 37's on my Pavement pounder?

dport_87

Been doing a lot of reading and searching but just can't decide. I'm pretty new to the jeep world but loving it so far. I bought a 2012 JKU sport a little over a month ago and have decided to beef up the 30 up front and regear to handle 37s. Not going to swap the front because as my wife says "I'm not allowed to take this jeep off-road". So mainly wanting to at least make it look better. So seeing as I won't be going off road will the rough country 3.5 kit with flat fenders and stubby bumper be a good setup for what I want?

LasVegasJK

Not sure many of us can comprehend the " not allowed to take this jeep offroad" thing.

In my opinion, you should build it as though it's going off road. Because eventually it will. If your spending money on 37s just for looks, then I'm assuming you can afford a complete quality lift kit. You can use whatever lift you want, just be aware that the cheaply priced ones are priced low for a reason.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I bought a 2012 JKU sport a little over a month ago and have decided to beef up the 30 up front and regear to handle 37s. Not going to swap the front because as my wife says "I'm not allowed to take this jeep off-road".

If you are going to listen to your wife and never take it off road, I'd do a 2.5" budget boost and flat fenders to fit your 37s. RC coils tend to sag and sag quick.

I'd also won't do anything other than regear and gusset the Cs of your Dana30. Making the housing "bullet proof" won't protect your internals, which are what break because of bigger tires.

Napalm

RC is a rough riding coil. I went with RCs on a 2 door I owned and they road rough and made the Jeep miserable to drive.

So now I run EVO 2" plush Rides w/flat fenders and 35s, haven't noticed any sag in the 8 months I've ran them.

Peak

I'm running 2.5" RC spacers with 37's and flats. It gets the job done and It only sees dirt once every 1-2 months. I do plan on upgrading soon though, the ride isn't the greatest.

dport_87

Not sure many of us can comprehend the " not allowed to take this jeep offroad" thing.

In my opinion, you should build it as though it's going off road. Because eventually it will. If your spending money on 37s just for looks, then I'm assuming you can afford a complete quality lift kit. You can use whatever lift you want, just be aware that the cheaply priced ones are priced low for a reason.

Yea the not going off road thing has been put in place due to a baby on the way and wife thinks off road means break everything.

LasVegasJK

Yea the not going off road thing has been put in place due to a baby on the way and wife thinks off road means break everything.

Seems legit.
I'm no salesman, but think about an EVO leveling kit and 35s with trimmed fenders. Check out Napalms build thread. It looks good, it's functional and cheaper.

BertaNation

I run a 4"rc on my 15 jku. I personally don't think it rides rough but I also don't have anything to compare it to.
I did not like the way it drove on the hwy when I got it. I put aev geometry brackets and it helped a lot. Would I choose a different lift if I could do it again...absolutely. but that's based on the off road performance. Also think about ur front driveshaft and the lack of pwr u will have w 37s and stock gears

10frank9

Web Wheeler
I'd get a new wife, then get an EVO Enforcer 4" lift with drag link flip, Rancho shocks, KMC slabs and 37" Toyos and call it a day.

srosario

dont feel bad, i have a 2wd jku.
4 inch lift, bilstein shocks, steel braided brake lines, synergy tierod, draglink flit, drag link, ball joints, and a fox ats streering stabilizer. all for a non off road and 35's

seanb123

All I can think of is that one guy who use to come on here to complain about how terrible his wife was.

hhunter050

Been doing a lot of reading and searching but just can't decide. I'm pretty new to the jeep world but loving it so far. I bought a 2012 JKU sport a little over a month ago and have decided to beef up the 30 up front and regear to handle 37s. Not going to swap the front because as my wife says "I'm not allowed to take this jeep off-road". So mainly wanting to at least make it look better. So seeing as I won't be going off road will the rough country 3.5 kit with flat fenders and stubby bumper be a good setup for what I want?

This is about what you will look like. This is exactly what you have listed. 3.5 RC, Flat fenders, stubby bumper, and 37s

Edit: this will get you where you need to go if you go offroading. You will hear some binding from the front driveshaft but if you don't wheel often it should be fine

Attachments

• 1438561930174.jpg
    1438561930174.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:

hhunter050

Good looking rig u got there hunter. Is it a rubicon

Appreciate it but unfortunately it isnt. I put the lift and tires on in February (already had bumpers and fenders) and have done some little things (front and rear track bar, front driveshaft, rubi rock rails, extended brake lines) but I've been wheeling it pretty hard this summer and have decided to do a ton swap. So it's gonna be a bit better than a rubi once I'm done lol about to start my build thread once I get the axles in the next month.

BertaNation

U upgrade that front axle any to support those 37s. I haven't gotten extended brake lines yet. Were ur stock ones stretching to there limit

Top Bottom