2007 JKUR Hemi install

Thorwon

I bought my 07 rubi about three and a half years ago. I loved the jeep but hated the lack of power on the road. The off road capability is amazing.
Anyway I just got tired of the 3.8. I looked at the diesel swap but didn't like what was being said about the engine vibration. So I started reserching hemi swaps. The AEV requires a new engine and trans. Basicly a Grand Cherokee engine. They don't say that on their site but they "STRONGLY RECOMEND IT". ($10,000)
The Jeep Speed Shop kit looked great. I could use a truck engine/trany.(more HP than the AEV Cherokee engine)
I don't have a shop at home so I went to a local 4X4 shop. Clasic City Off Road is their name. I have bought a lot of parts from themso I knew Bobby the shop manager, and Matt the owner is a great guy to work with. We sat down and talked about it and ordered the JSS kit.

The kit included:
engine/trans mounts
double battery box
ac lines
computer
wiring harness
intake mount
power steering
and a few other small parts

I also opted for the complete exhaust and a new large aluminum radiator.
There are a lot of other parts we had to source localy. Such as engine mounts(the engine side), trans cooler, shifter/cable/brackets(changing from standard to auto trans),oil filter adaptor, air filter and a few other nuts/bolts/and things.
The total cost was just under $16,000 and I'm happy as can be at how it turned out. The guys at CCOR are great people to work with and will go to extreams to make sure you are satisfied with their work. old one gone.jpg inplace.jpg complete.jpg finished.jpg

Last edited:

JeepJeep75

That is way, way, way cool!!! Please do some follow ups of how this engine/trans package works out for you. I'm really interested and very curious as to how a system like this works off-road. Does it stay cool? Does it crawl without surging? Does it descend steep hills (off-road, in low range) nicely? What kind of range does it have when off-road? Can you do a long, multi-day wheeling trip like say, The Rubicon without needing 4 jerry cans strapped to the roof? And lastly, what about smog inspection time? Sorry for the slurry of questions. I just haven't seen a lot of follow up on engine swaps. Seems a lot of people are doing them now, I just haven't seen much about the end results besides, "yea, it's fast now..."

Thorwon

That is way, way, way cool!!! Please do some follow ups of how this engine/trans package works out for you. I'm really interested and very curious as to how a system like this works off-road. Does it stay cool? Does it crawl without surging? Does it descend steep hills (off-road, in low range) nicely? What kind of range does it have when off-road? Can you do a long, multi-day wheeling trip like say, The Rubicon without needing 4 jerry cans strapped to the roof? And lastly, what about smog inspection time? Sorry for the slurry of questions. I just haven't seen a lot of follow up on engine swaps. Seems a lot of people are doing them now, I just haven't seen much about the end results besides, "yea, it's fast now..."

I haven't had the chance to get off road with it yet. So I can't answer most of your questions. Gas mileage on the hwy is 15 at best. I get 13.5 average. I'm looking into retuning it to help the mileage. It's way over kill on power anyway (400+), so if I give up 25 or 30 to get better gas mileage, I will.
I have played with low range a little in my back yard (not very big) and it's amazing. I have to hold it back, it wants to go.
As far as smog, where I live we don't have smog inspections. But the JSS claims it will pass.

Top Bottom