Black Bear Pass Accident

d-nought

Is there any more recent news about the trail? Has it stayed open?

I ran it on Aug 14th and it was open then, IE didn't say closed after the accident on the 1st.

USDA Forrest service suggests "Road opening and ending season dates are weather dependent. Contact the Norwood Ranger District (ph. 970-327-4261) for additional information."

TCMguy

In Sweden we have zero trails. That sucks big wale cock.

All roads are in good condition and driving outside the road is not allowed. So I actually think you can be happy anyway.

Thinking about to drive down to Balkan ( croatia, albania, greece and so on ) There I might have some use for my jeep. Or go east to russia and proberly end up being robbed, raped and shot. Or go further down south from balkan and end up being shot by a IS fighter in Syria.

I really do not know how to get some use for my beloved jeep.

Back in the day (70's to 90's) there was some good wheeling trails in Provence, France.

Shootingjeeper

I went down Black Bear on the 5th. The only problem I faced was about halfway down the switchbacks, a guy in a Toyota 4-Runner was trying to go up the mountain...

jedg

I thought that was a one way road on the telluride side?

Edit - as in only down traffic

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Correct you can only go down... but you can go up like the first 2.5 miles or so, then there are huge signs that say One Way down.
So that Toy was doing it wrong.
There is a group that gets permission to go all the way up once a year though, would love to do that.

Shootingjeeper

It is... Luckily I had just backed up in switchback to make the corner, and he pulled as far forward as possible and I barely squeezed between him and side of the cliff.

Top Bottom