EMMA : 1969 Kaiser Jeepster Commando C101

JeepFan

Hooked
Love the old Commando. Congrats on the new addition to your ever growing Jeep collection.

You're going to need a bigger garage. Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Wow that looks really great now that the hard tops off! That would be fun to drive around!

Definitely looks better topless!

Yup, this is the way these things were made to run. I honestly don't think I'll ever put a top back on her.

Love the old Commando. Congrats on the new addition to your ever growing Jeep collection.

You're going to need a bigger garage. Lol

LOL!! I think I might have room for just one more :D

Ya know, once you get up here, I could use some help working on all these old Jeep :yup:

Does anyone offer a soft top for the Commando? The Commandos I've always seen have all had hard tops.

As a matter of fact, yes. The Commando's were offered as a wagon or SUV setup (hard top like we had), a convertible (soft top) and probably one of my most favorite configurations, a pick-up truck (hard top for the cab only)

129_1304_02+april_2013_backward_glances+1967_jeepster_commando_roadster_rear_three_quarter.jpg

slider10.png

1024px-1971_Jeepster_Commando_SC-1_pickup_orange_b-Cecil'10.jpg

CastleRockJeep

Well I've always had a bit of envy for your builds but now I am just down right jealous!! I love Commandos and am looking forward to its progress!!!

JayKay

Caught the Bug
Yup, this is the way these things were made to run. I honestly don't think I'll ever put a top back on her.

LOL!! I think I might have room for just one more :D

Ya know, once you get up here, I could use some help working on all these old Jeep :yup:

As a matter of fact, yes. The Commando's were offered as a wagon or SUV setup (hard top like we had), a convertible (soft top) and probably one of my most favorite configurations, a pick-up truck (hard top for the cab only)

View attachment 157572

View attachment 157574

View attachment 157573

The pickup truck is definitely cool! The soft top kinda reminds me of the aftermarket soft tops they sell for the K5 Blazers and Scouts. Looks like a tent on wheels, lol

OJK12

That's awesome you guys picked one of these up! I can't wait to see how you guys build this bad boy up!

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
The Commando is kinda rare and harder to find in any kind of condition other than rusted out or total restoration ($$$). Congrats on a super cool find. Rusty now has a stablemate in the same age group!:yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The Commando is kinda rare and harder to find in any kind of condition other than rusted out or total restoration ($$$). Congrats on a super cool find. Rusty now has a stablemate in the same age group!:yup:

This is the truth!! There were a couple of them for sale that we had found but both were in mint condition and the sellers wanted $20k for them. Still others we had found were total rust buckets, had no motors or were too built up (and poorly at that) missing way too many parts and the sellers still wanted $2k or more for them. What made this such a great find is that it was still bone stock with the original motor, very little to no rust and still being used as a daily driver. Best part is, we got her for only $3500! :yup:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Just realized the C101 shares the same steering gear as my FC170. I'm currently rebuilding it. (Seals, bearings)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438708348.763597.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438708276.748350.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1438708316.338159.jpg

Top Bottom