Best JKU Build in the world! Seriously.. Maybe... Well, Lots of Pictures.. lol

bonedaddy

I do not think the OP necessarily meant "horrible"... but it is nice when a build thread cobtains more than photos and a parts list... I enjoy reading through to see what they have done and what they have to report about there experiences. .. also you get to know the owner and most of the time the persons personality is portrayed by the thread as well... so when and if you meet these people its like you already know them ... hence how a lot of friendships have started on here I am sure... just my 2 pennies...

JeepNoob

After installing the comp stinger things looked a bit bare up front and one of the other members in our group was cool enough to let us borrow a spare Warn he had. Tossed it on and began putting it to use moving my tow truck build. Haven't had to bust it out on the trail yet but obviously that's bound to happen soon.

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
I do not think the OP necessarily meant "horrible"... but it is nice when a build thread cobtains more than photos and a parts list... I enjoy reading through to see what they have done and what they have to report about there experiences. .. also you get to know the owner and most of the time the persons personality is portrayed by the thread as well... so when and if you meet these people its like you already know them ... hence how a lot of friendships have started on here I am sure... just my 2 pennies...

Agreed. But most people do so solely on here and don't try and gain traffic to their other social media outlets.

JeepNoob

Also want to give a shout out to 10Frank9 who did a great job hitting me up about an error that I made and didn't have a problem correcting. Extremely professional in a world of keyboard warriors

JeffC84

So they do a horrible job because they show what they do to their jeep? You do a better job because you make some videos and pimp yourself with your blog and Facebook page?

What a great example of professionalism from a moderator ^^^^ Kudos to you! :rolleyes2:

Sithwindu

The next day I went to work on the lift. I started at 8 am and stopped for the day at about 11 pm still not finished. I had done lifts before but I took on a lot by trying to do the lift alone in a corner spot at the apartments. It was ridiculously hot, I didn't have the right space and often the right tools. It was so hot the jack stands were melting into the blacktop under the weight of the jeep. What a nightmare. I learned the hard way that having shade, room to work and the right equipment makes all the difference in the world. I got it done but it sucked horribly. My wife did her best to help when needed but I often didn't even want her near the jeep as it wasn't working out well. Wish I'd taken pictures but I was just beat and wanted to get it done.

Needless to say I got the 3.5" lift in and dialed in by the next morning. Came out really well and I hit my budget so I was pretty excited.

Also tossed on our set of 37's. This gave us around 7" of lift total from the wheels and suspension. Not 7" of suspension lift so please read that correctly lol

Testing her out

From there we finally took her out to the trails to test and tune

For the record I HATE mud but my wife loves it. I always say " The only girl who loves mud has a guy who will clean it up for her" lol

Hidden falls? I love that park! Welcome to wayalife from Corpus Christi!

JeepNoob

From there I decided to toss on a small front light bar. We wheel at night and I'd eventually like a 50" for going out but light bars are kind of an interesting subject. People deck their rigs out with them but then rarely use them except to show them off to people. You ever ride in front of someone with light bars all over their jeep? Talk about being blinded. Generally only works for the leader. Obviously each situation is different and they are practical for the right situations. Anyone starting off slow with lights and will add more as needed. This one fit right on the fairlead mount and I wired it right up to the foglight switch so no running of wires was required. That and I can use the switch already installed. Works for me.

JeepNoob

Also been looking for a good overhead CB mount but couldn't come across one. Figured I'd see what I could come up with and here is the result. Works out well and I can add many other attachments thanks to the holes in the rail. Pretty happy with it overall but it'll take a little more dialing in.

JeepNoob

Next up. Artec Truss, Gussets and PSC Dif covers. Figure its time to start amoring up. That and I've been pretty lucky crawling on 37's with stock Sport axles for a few years. Time to start building up. You can do it, just don't go out and bash your rig.

Brankz

Also been looking for a good overhead CB mount but couldn't come across one. Figured I'd see what I could come up with and here is the result. Works out well and I can add many other attachments thanks to the holes in the rail. Pretty happy with it overall but it'll take a little more dialing in.

Looking good man, I like this idea

JeepNoob

Artec Truss and Gussets installed. Was super lucky and one of our members was able to able to weld it on for me. Once I get a garage I'm looking forward to being able to weld my own things but until then this worked out perfect. Videos of the install! lol Enjoy but please don't follow the advice. (I enjoy making videos about Jeep related things but please do not feel obligated to watch them. )

https://youtu.be/zqtK6ER9eeE
https://youtu.be/VZZtqrpD91g

Pictures of the process:

JeepNoob

Before we got the truss and gussets installed we had been running 37's on stock axles for about 2 years. Never had an issue front or rear but didn't beat the rig to hell either. Smooth crawling and climbing generally. Just figured it was time as we want to step up to the next level. Colorado trip coming in a couple weeks, more crawling trips about once a months and then Utah in April. Slowly building along.

Top Bottom