CB Tuning Issue

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Well your mounting location could be a ground issue...we will see :yup:

For grins, I ran a set of jumper cables from the tire carrier to the frame. Made no noticeable difference in the reading. That said, I have heard that mounting on the AEV carrier can be problematic due to the brass bushings on the swing arm.

JAGS

Hooked
That's the picture I couldn't find!! Mine is identical to the second picture. The raised edge of the ring is facing the mounting surface.

Could be wrong, but looks like you might have an extra washer on top between the cable ring and mount/post. May also not matter even it there is an extra washer. Just throwing it out there. Looks like you'll have some good resources to trouble shoot when you get back. 👍👍

07JKSahara

My cb sucks. As most of you know. Can I get in on this this weekend?? I think mines just the routing and lack of a tune.

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Could be wrong, but looks like you might have an extra washer on top between the cable ring and mount/post. May also not matter even it there is an extra washer. Just throwing it out there. Looks like you'll have some good resources to trouble shoot when you get back. 👍👍

Just looked at the picture again and I see the washer you are talking about. I've had the ring/stud/flange arranged a couple of different ways and maybe I goofed on washer placement. When I get home tomorrow I'll double check it. Good eye! :thumbup:

Either way, I have confidence in the A-Team Thursday night! :beer:

I'm usually pretty good with this kind of stuff, but this one has me stumped!

Please don't take my simple questions as a statement to your ability. - but I have found over time that you have to rule out the simple obvious issues first. :beer:

ERAUGrad04

Caught the Bug
Please don't take my simple questions as a statement to your ability. - but I have found over time that you have to rule out the simple obvious issues first. :beer:

Not at all! And I completely agree with you, it's usually the simplest and/or most obvious that is usually the culprit! :beer:

I'm just looking forward to having a second set of eyes look everything over. :yup:

The funny thing is that it seems a CB install should be extremely straight forward, yet it can actually be quite complex!

Thanks again everyone for all of the great ideas! :thumbup:

Not at all! And I completely agree with you, it's usually the simplest and/or most obvious that is usually the culprit! :beer:

I'm just looking forward to having a second set of eyes look everything over. :yup:

The funny thing is that it seems a CB install should be extremely straight forward, yet it can actually be quite complex!

Thanks again everyone for all of the great ideas! :thumbup:

Geez you're mean :bleh:

He's still mean :cheesy: :cheesy:

JK branman...!! Can't wait for October :thumb:

Top Bottom