Confused newbie

Golfsday

Hello all, today I took the leap from a cts wagon to a 2015 yellow unlimited. I purchased an auto with 3.73s. I have researched and read so much but am wanting some definitive answers. (Have been researching for weeks, but there seems to be so many opinions and few facts) I am considering a 2in mopar lift (yes I know expensive but have an in at dealership to have installed free.). Can I get away with 315/70/17s with 2 in lift? (The tires I'm looking at are actually 34.) Without trimming? I will be purchasing wheels with the required 4.5 back spacing. I do not plan on serious off roading. I am concerned a 4 in lift will create too much wondering in the highway.... Any experience with 4in lift as a dedicated dd? (This is my dd). Thanks, any input and pics would be greatly appreciated.

BigBoy

2" is perfect on a daily driver with that size tire, IMO. IF you do end up off road, especially within the sway bars disconnected, you WILL likely rub the flares if uncut. If you're not going off road, you won't have much to worry about other than to enjoy driving around a good looking Jeep!

Last edited:

devonn216

2" would be great. I'm running the same size now on the stock suspension with trimmed finders and don't rub. Only have done mild wheeling so far with it though.

Mountainjk10

Caught the Bug
Hello all, today I took the leap from a cts wagon to a 2015 yellow unlimited. I purchased an auto with 3.73s. I have researched and read so much but am wanting some definitive answers. (Have been researching for weeks, but there seems to be so many opinions and few facts) I am considering a 2in mopar lift (yes I know expensive but have an in at dealership to have installed free.). Can I get away with 315/70/17s with 2 in lift? (The tires I'm looking at are actually 34.) Without trimming? I will be purchasing wheels with the required 4.5 back spacing. I do not plan on serious off roading. I am concerned a 4 in lift will create too much wondering in the highway.... Any experience with 4in lift as a dedicated dd? (This is my dd). Thanks, any input and pics would be greatly appreciated.

What brand tire do you plan on running? I have a friend with a jku running Mickey Thompson mtz 315's and a aev 2.5" lift. When we off road he rubs all the time. Unless you trim the fenders or never off road, you may have issues.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Why would a 4" lift create too much wondering? If it is a complete lift with all the needed parts then it would be fine.

JakeJK

What brand tire do you plan on running? I have a friend with a jku running Mickey Thompson mtz 315's and a aev 2.5" lift. When we off road he rubs all the time. Unless you trim the fenders or never off road, you may have issues.

315s just gives us the width of the tire lol

JAGS

Hooked
The wandering on a 4" lift would likely be due to not correcting your steering geometry as part of said lift.

I run a 4" lift with no issues, but is also a complete EVO setup with the proper brackets and drag link flip and control arms.

One thing to consider is that the mopar 2" spring lift is likely going to net you more than 2". It's a rebranded TF lift and is known for being taller. Not a bad option if you have an in a can get a good deal. You might want to see if a budget boost is done through mopar. A bit cheaper and still gets you a lifted look and ability for bigger tires.

And welcome to Wayalife!!! 👍👋

Golfsday

Why would a 4" lift create too much wondering? If it is a complete lift with all the needed parts then it would be fine.

I was concerned with that size tire it may be flighty (if that is a better word). I plan on falkens or nitto tires. Drove it home 2 hours today stock, can't believe how well behaved it is, wranglers have come miles in drive quality.

Top Bottom