PLANNING 2016 Windrock, TN - End of Summer Run

hhunter050

Figured I'd go ahead and post this one up for those that might be planning on running the Extreme Group next year. GAME ON! :rock:

EXTREME GROUP
Requirements:
37” minimum tire size for 4 door JK
35” minimum tire size for all other Jeeps
Lockers, front and rear
Winch
Full-Size Spare
Working CB Radio
Working E-brake
Recovery Equipment
Recommendations:
Sport Cage
Fire Extinguishers, First Aid Kit and Spill Kit

Challenge Accepted:)

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Yes they do. I'm planning on night rides both nights. Probably have them split up in groups for varying difficulty as well. I'm also looking at a scenic/sightseeing ride since Windrock has a LOT of historic locations out there.

As of right now, there will be four different difficulty groups, Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced, and Extreme. There will be requirements for both the Advanced and Extreme, as well as recommendations for all. My bet is that we will end up with some of the categories having multiple groups for the ride. There will be quite a few pre-run rides between now and then to iron out the trail schedule.

Just wanted to throw out my :twocents:

I really like the idea of doing some sightseeing in the area. As much as I love riding trails, if I go this far, I want to see some local scenery too. Hell, maybe find a whiskey distillery somewhere? :yup:

I'd also appreciate any advice from guys who have wheeled out of state before. What to pack, common tools, parts, etc.

thardy

Banned
Just wanted to throw out my :twocents:

I really like the idea of doing some sightseeing in the area. As much as I love riding trails, if I go this far, I want to see some local scenery too. Hell, maybe find a whiskey distillery somewhere? :yup:

I'd also appreciate any advice from guys who have wheeled out of state before. What to pack, common tools, parts, etc.

Dave, there are a lot of ideas and plans I'm working on, so your thoughts are definitely welcomed. I plan on putting some sightseeing rides together, but they might stay at the park. As we do pre-runs I will be able to get a better idea of things.

I'm also willing to assist with some good stops that people might want to make to or from Windrock, coming from various locations.

As far as tools, parts, etc goes, I believe there have been a few threads of that nature, I'll see if I can't dig it up. As far as tools, I tend to carry a full socket set, torx bits, cordless impact wrench, adjustable wrenches, pliers, and ZIP TIES!! Some people carry more, some less. I've never really carried parts with me, but mainly because I couldn't afford spares at the time and never really played too hard. It's also a good idea to bring extra fluids (oil, gear oil, ATF, coolant) and a fluid spill kit.

enemec1

I may be interested in this trip. what are the sleeping arrangements? camp ( never did) i see they have cabins there but only a few. any hotels close by? i would be coming from philly so 10 hour drive I would also like to do some local sight seeing and drinking. i would probably come in that tuesday or wednesday and leave monday. not sure if the wife and kid would come on this trip. since they don't like the idea of camping, and i haven't in 20+ years. Medex wouldn't mind hooking up and wheeling with you again, raunch creek was fun, hope you enjoyed it. this sounds like a good time. wheeling all weekend and some night wheeling. looking forward, Eric

thardy

Banned
I may be interested in this trip. what are the sleeping arrangements? camp ( never did) i see they have cabins there but only a few. any hotels close by? i would be coming from philly so 10 hour drive I would also like to do some local sight seeing and drinking. i would probably come in that tuesday or wednesday and leave monday. not sure if the wife and kid would come on this trip. since they don't like the idea of camping, and i haven't in 20+ years. Medex wouldn't mind hooking up and wheeling with you again, raunch creek was fun, hope you enjoyed it. this sounds like a good time. wheeling all weekend and some night wheeling. looking forward, Eric

As of now, I know that we will have full access to the group camping area for our group. I'm still working on the details for lodging. My goal will be to get our group first rights on the cabins too. There are a few hotels that are close to the area. Once I get more concrete details, hopefully within the next month, I will start an official event thread with ALL details. Hope you're able to make it!

CarolinaJK

Figured I'd go ahead and post this one up for those that might be planning on running the Extreme Group next year. GAME ON! :rock:

EXTREME GROUP
Requirements:
Lockers, front and rear
Winch
Full-Size Spare
Working CB Radio
Working E-brake
Recovery Equipment
Recommendations:
Sport Cage

Well, I guess I have a long way to go by next year [emoji58][emoji41]

longarmwj

As long as I have the small issues ironed out (self destructing brakes and coils that won't stay in) I'll be there

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
Any plans for the next pre-run? I'm not going to be able to make this weekend.

I hope those that are going to make it have a great time!

thardy

Banned
Figured I would go ahead and post the rest of the group requirements as of now. Keep in mind, these could change depending on Pre-Runs.

EXTREME GROUP
Requirements:
Lockers, front and rear
Rocker Guards
Winch
Full-Size Spare
Working CB Radio
Working E-brake
Recovery Equipment
Recommendations:
Sport Cage

ADVANCED GROUP
Requirements:
35” minimum tire size for 4 door JK
33” minimum tire size for all other Jeeps
Rocker Guards
Full-Size Spare
Working CB Radio
Working E-brake
Recovery Equipment
Recommendations:
Lockers, front and rear
Winch

INTERMEDIATE GROUP
Requirements:
Working CB Radio
Working E-brake
Recommendations:
Rocker Guards
Recovery Equipment
Full-Size Spare

EASY/BEGINNER GROUP
Requirements:
A Jeep
Working E-brake
Recommendations:
Working CB Radio
Recovery Equipment
Full-Size Spare

Edited to add Rocker Guards, cause I'm an idiot and left them off. Thanks Matt!

Last edited:

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
I'm catching up on the thread and gotta say this is gonna be astronomical I hope that we will be able to make it. :thumb:

Would be nice to see all you guys again :thumb:

croge17

Ill definately be in for this run... Hopefully running in the 37+ hard group for this trip. Working on axle upgrades and tires now supercharger by tax time... Ill be ready to rock.

thardy

Banned
Had a blast on our first Pre-Run. This is definitely the park for this event. I've got a lot of ideas and planning to get going.

I'm thinking the next official pre-run will be sometime after the first of the year.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Ill definately be in for this run... Hopefully running in the 37+ hard group for this trip. Working on axle upgrades and tires now supercharger by tax time... Ill be ready to rock.

That Edelbrock SC looks awesome! Are you planning on doing the install yourself or is there a shop you trust to do it?

Top Bottom