Templar's Build

Templar

1/4 pounder looks good, like seeing them without a stinger once and a while even thought I know your waiting on that yet.

Yeah, I was surprised that I like it a lot even without the stinger. It has been sitting in my garage for weeks, I wish I had put it on sooner...

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Looks great. Just remember the stinger bolts can be a bitch. I would recommend removing the bumper drilling mounting then reinstalling. It'll actually be less frustrating.

Last edited:

Templar

Looks great, all of it! :thumb:

Thanks bud :) When I read your post I knew your handle sounded familiar - and there it is, it was your DIY doors thread, those things rock :) I started looking for welding classes in my neck of the woods after seeing what you accomplished but unfortunately nothing like that around here :doh: Very cool build you are doing too, love the 3rd row seating you did and also the 3rd row Rock Hard cage too. :thumb:

Templar

Looks great. Just remember the stinger bolts can be a bitch. I would recommend removing the bumper drilling mounting then reinstalling. It'll actually be less frustrating.

Thanks for the heads up, I will be sure to do that and had no idea the stinger could be a pain, I figured it would be a piece of cake :eek: I wonder if I should have test fitted it, and drilled it before sending it off to get powder coated... too late now :doh:

Templar

Working on a couple things today. Trimming the inner fenders is first. I have the passenger side done. Have to trim for the MCE Fenders, and then additional trimming for the Coilover. I'm taking my time trying not to cut too much.

Before:

20150830_131910.jpg

After:

20150830_132518.jpg

Trimmed up piece:

20150830_131023.jpg

Last edited:

Templar

More progress made yesterday / early this morning. I picked up my stinger from the powder coaters, and then we had a storm here last night that cooled it off big time so I took advantage and worked on the Jeep until about 2 AM this morning.

I finished trimming the passenger inner fender. I screwed up on a cut and had to epoxy the hard plastic piece together before proceeding tonight. The epoxy worked great and I am happy with the results.

20150901_070010.jpg

My other screw up from the weekend was I tried painting my spare SLAB Ring. I used a rustoleum Satin and it turned out too Shiny, I did not feel it matched the rest of the wheel so last night I stripped the paint off and gave it a good scrub down with a scotch-brite pad. Based on some posts here I am going to try VHT Satin and hope the color match to the wheel is as good others have said.

20150901_013334.jpg

Last but not least, I partially mounted the stinger (2 holes drilled, 4 to go).

20150901_013305.jpg

I can see what some others have talked about regarding the height (or lack thereof) of the stinger. Not complaining about it, because I really like it, I am just mentioning that it is not as tall as the last stinger I had on my 08. I took a picture from eye level from inside the cab. I am attaching a in cab photo from my 08 for comparison.

20150901_070108.jpg

black stinger 08.jpg

cbilyk23

More progress made yesterday / early this morning. I picked up my stinger from the powder coaters, and then we had a storm here last night that cooled it off big time so I took advantage and worked on the Jeep until about 2 AM this morning.

I finished trimming the passenger inner fender. I screwed up on a cut and had to epoxy the hard plastic piece together before proceeding tonight. The epoxy worked great and I am happy with the results.

View attachment 163049

My other screw up from the weekend was I tried painting my spare SLAB Ring. I used a rustoleum Satin and it turned out too Shiny, I did not feel it matched the rest of the wheel so last night I stripped the paint off and gave it a good scrub down with a scotch-brite pad. Based on some posts here I am going to try VHT Satin and hope the color match to the wheel is as good others have said.

View attachment 163050

Last but not least, I partially mounted the stinger (2 holes drilled, 4 to go).

View attachment 163053

I can see what some others have talked about regarding the height (or lack thereof) of the stinger. Not complaining about it, because I really like it, I am just mentioning that it is not as tall as the last stinger I had on my 08. I took a picture from eye level from inside the cab. I am attaching a in cab photo from my 08 for comparison.

View attachment 163051

View attachment 163052

why is there so much of a difference with your new stinger and old one?

Templar

Got a delivery today, just in time to represent at a local Jeep meet and greet this Saturday...

ORE shirt, 2 hood decals, and they threw in a 2010 and 2011 JKX DVD. :thumb:

Can't put the decals on yet - Jeep is at a local shop getting gears.

20150903_091919.jpg

Top Bottom