Updated Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Newbie Run Oct 2nd-3rd

holaCG

Hidden Falls Weekend

It looks like I will have that weekend off. Please add me and a kid or two to the list. We would also like to camp to get the full experience.

Jeep Beach_wallpaper.jpg

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Good to hear bro! What was the cause?

I love this picture of our rigs!! It's pretty sweet!

Both wheel hubs had some play and my lower BJ's were toasted. I actually took video of it and was going to make a thread of it but keep forgetting to.

Your telling me! Your rigs the reason why i wanna jump straight to 37s when my stock ones wear out!

I actually have a picture on my gopro ive been meaning to show you. It was you, Ben, and my jeep on top of what i wanna say was the tower at HF. I have to say that might be my favorite Jeep pic.
If i get a chance tonight, ill post it up!

Angry Aussie

Both wheel hubs had some play and my lower BJ's were toasted. I actually took video of it and was going to make a thread of it but keep forgetting to.

Your telling me! Your rigs the reason why i wanna jump straight to 37s when my stock ones wear out!

I actually have a picture on my gopro ive been meaning to show you. It was you, Ben, and my jeep on top of what i wanna say was the tower at HF. I have to say that might be my favorite Jeep pic.
If i get a chance tonight, ill post it up!

Glad to hear you got it figured out. That had to have been a pain in the ass to deal with. I'd love to see this picture your talking about. We had some good runs and can't wait to get out on the trails again with you soon. It's been way to long since I've seen you. Sorry we missed you in Houston I was crazy sick, I didnt think we were even gonna make it down to pick up our puppy.

Oh and for those of you who don't know TexasNick he is awesome! One of the nicest people I've ever met and it's so genuine it's crazy. If yall get a chance get to know this guy do it you won't regret it. I'm glad to know him and wish he and his fiancé lived in Austin.

You never know who you will meet at these runs and everyone I have met from this forum have been amazing people. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440646521.345122.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440646545.663858.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440646570.984237.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440646603.956234.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440646646.678279.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440646700.349392.jpg

Angry Aussie

*whew* cool I felt bad - thanks for understanding fellas. This is awesome news; if radley wants to co-lead a group with usmc, then maybe usmc can run tail-gun on their group so his fam can check out the other folks making their way up obstacles for added enjoyment :)

Either way thanks for jumping in guys :)

As Aussie said the park isn't much of a maze, esp if we're sticking to the outer edges, it's just a little featureless in spots so some unmarked turn-ins to certain trails can be confusing. One of the first times I was there learning, I turned into what I thought was Greenhorn2 but turned out to be the reverse end of Wet-n-Wild. It was definitely wet and wild:
View attachment 161712

But that's how we learn right? :)

Now that my lift is done, I'll be taking that pre-run trip up there one of these weekends to scope out the trails and get some timings. I'll look at it from a two-group perspective and provide some feedback in the thread.

Super stoked for this event :)

Let me know when you go out for pre-run I'd like to join you if that's cool with you. Maybe we can test out your lift on some bigger trails. I haven't wheeled in awhile and I'm ready to get out there. As many times as I've been there, I haven't tried all the trails, not that I would I know there are a few that are just to blown out for my rig to make it through.

iRonin

Let me know when you go out for pre-run I'd like to join you if that's cool with you. Maybe we can test out your lift on some bigger trails. I haven't wheeled in awhile and I'm ready to get out there. As many times as I've been there, I haven't tried all the trails, not that I would I know there are a few that are just to blown out for my rig to make it through.

Sounds good man; so far it's looking like this Saturday afternoon for a first stab. Afternoon cause my wife will be getting off work @about noon and wants to bring a friend with so it'll be doubling as an outing for them :) I just hope it won't be 100+ degrees lol

Stoked to see Nick on the go list; met him the first time I met up with Wayalife folks last year when JKAnimal and others were out :)

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Glad to hear you got it figured out. That had to have been a pain in the ass to deal with. I'd love to see this picture your talking about. We had some good runs and can't wait to get out on the trails again with you soon. It's been way to long since I've seen you. Sorry we missed you in Houston I was crazy sick, I didnt think we were even gonna make it down to pick up our puppy.

Oh and for those of you who don't know TexasNick he is awesome! One of the nicest people I've ever met and it's so genuine it's crazy. If yall get a chance get to know this guy do it you won't regret it. I'm glad to know him and wish he and his fiancé lived in Austin.

You never know who you will meet at these runs and everyone I have met from this forum have been amazing people.

It was a huge hassle. I was dealing with it for about 3 months and no one (including myself) could figure it out. Hopefully as the weather cools, the more runs we'll be making down there to Austin.
And no worries man, just glad your feeling better and that yall got the new puppy!
20140601_131724.jpg
This was the one i was talking about!

Thank you very much bud! I can honestly say the same thing about you! your an awesome, hospitable person and cant wait to meet up again.

That is exactly why I want to make this trip. You never know who your going to meet on these runs. Every Wayalife trip ive attended has been nothing short of great! Everyone is always very interactive and easy going. I hope everyone is looking forward to this run, I know I am! :cheers:

iRonin

Ok so; here is my initial thought regarding trail itinerary for 2 groups. The basic idea is that we would split off at Area B (Star), and then run trails that naturally meet back up again at Tower (Heart) where we can regroup, take pictures up with the scenic view / eat lunch / etc. My goal is to have these two trail systems take roughly the same amount of time, and within the same park area to where we can keep in radio range

From tower this gives us two options - if folks are done / it's too hot / want to head back to camp, we all just take Park Road 3 back down to Area B. If folks are down to continue, then we trade routes between groups and run them in reverse, which again gets us back out to Area B :)

2_Group_AM_Plan.jpg

Group A (Yellow on Black)
Area B -> Park Road 1 -> North Peak -> North Pole (Fence-line) -> Green Mile -> Park Road 1 -> Park Road 3 -> Tower

Group B (Black on Yellow)
Area B -> Park Road 1 -> Rocky -> Park Road 2 -> Bull Run -> Feeder Creek -> North Pole (Fence-line) -> Greenhorn2 -> Green Horn -> North Pole (Fence-line) -> Park Road 3 -> Tower

This list is subject to change but it's what I'll be running time trials on to start.

Sound good?

Angry Aussie

It was a huge hassle. I was dealing with it for about 3 months and no one (including myself) could figure it out. Hopefully as the weather cools, the more runs we'll be making down there to Austin.
And no worries man, just glad your feeling better and that yall got the new puppy!
View attachment 162001
This was the one i was talking about!

Thank you very much bud! I can honestly say the same thing about you! your an awesome, hospitable person and cant wait to meet up again.

That is exactly why I want to make this trip. You never know who your going to meet on these runs. Every Wayalife trip ive attended has been nothing short of great! Everyone is always very interactive and easy going. I hope everyone is looking forward to this run, I know I am! :cheers:

This is an awesome picture. Will you email it to me so I can get it printed and framed? I think soon after we took this picture is when I lost my passenger side flare! And I still haven't replaced it yet! Lol I will soon. Just gonna replace them with some cheap ones I'd love to get the poison Spyder ones but don't wanna spend a grand on flares

Angry Aussie

Sounds good man; so far it's looking like this Saturday afternoon for a first stab. Afternoon cause my wife will be getting off work @about noon and wants to bring a friend with so it'll be doubling as an outing for them :) I just hope it won't be 100+ degrees lol

Stoked to see Nick on the go list; met him the first time I met up with Wayalife folks last year when JKAnimal and others were out :)

Damn bro your gonna be out there at the hottest point of the day, I won't join you on this pre run it will be to hot for me. Maybe we can do one in September sometime.

daverawr

TRO is nice too. Kinda test you right off the bat. Haha. We did that trail on the last trip. Stock JKU and JK made it through no problem. Just gotta go slow and steady. Was the first tail tackled that day during a beginners trip.

But the plan set forth looks good and allows everyone to meet up at the top at one point so we can take some shots at the tower

Ronin check messages I replied back to you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom