Updated Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Newbie Run Oct 2nd-3rd

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I just read though all the updates, it looks like it's going to work out to be a great trip. I do have 1 question though, as I am looking to lift the jeep soon, I was wondering if I can ride along with a few people from group 1 to get a feel for suspension mods I have my eye on. Namely, Smokinv10 (DTD) Angry Aussie or iRonin (double D long arm & 37s)?

I wish someone with bolt ons was going... lol then I could get a "good, better, best" comparison going... lol

Last edited:

iRonin

Damn bro your gonna be out there at the hottest point of the day, I won't join you on this pre run it will be to hot for me. Maybe we can do one in September sometime.

Yea dude not the most desirable time :) I guarantee I'll be back out there in Sept. So far I think I'll be going on Labor Day (Monday) at the tail end of the 4wp event.

TRO is nice too. Kinda test you right off the bat. Haha. We did that trail on the last trip. Stock JKU and JK made it through no problem. Just gotta go slow and steady. Was the first tail tackled that day during a beginners trip.

That's pretty astonishing that TRO would be on the list for beginners - I have to imagine a lot of bypasses were taken since that trail features a lot of diff-dinging rock gardens, deep water crossings, double-shelf waterfalls, and an exit climb that has been severely washed out by the rains requiring an off-camber S-climb with gassing it to clear.

It's also like a 3 hour commitment to a single trail if people want to actually try the obstacles with spotting since its also one of the longest.

Don't get me wrong - it's my favorite trail next to Wildcat :) maybe after lunch if folks are down for the challenge we could run it :)

I was wondering if I can ride along with a few people from group 1 to get a feel for suspension mods I have my eye on. Namely, Smokinv10 (DTD) Angry Aussie or iRonin (double D long arm & 37s)?

Sure dude.

drafh

I want to make sure this is still a newbie run. I have a lift and 33' tires so I'll probably be ok.

Last edited:

Angry Aussie

I just read though all the updates, it looks like it's going to work out to be a great trip. I do have 1 question though, as I am looking to lift the jeep soon, I was wondering if I can ride along with a few people from group 1 to get a feel for suspension mods I have my eye on. Namely, Smokinv10 (DTD) Angry Aussie or iRonin (double D long arm & 37s)?

I wish someone with bolt ons was going... lol then I could get a "good, better, best" comparison going... lol

You can ride in and drive my rig if you want to. I have the Evo double d long arm kit on 37s with plush ride coils. If I could do it over again I'd go coilovers front and rear but that's it. The plush rides are really nice, I'll go to coilovers in January or so.

Jackal01

You can ride in and drive my rig if you want to. I have the Evo double d long arm kit on 37s with plush ride coils. If I could do it over again I'd go coilovers front and rear but that's it. The plush rides are really nice, I'll go to coilovers in January or so.

I'll be driving but I would also like to get a feel if anyone has the Enforcer or Evo Bolt-Ons although I am leaning towards the COs.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Sure dude.

Thanks guys! I'm looking forward to it. :clap2: I would still like to join group 2 in my jeep if possible, but at this point, I'm pretty sure ill be happy either way. Maybe my Father can drive my jeep with group 2...

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
This is an awesome picture. Will you email it to me so I can get it printed and framed? I think soon after we took this picture is when I lost my passenger side flare! And I still haven't replaced it yet! Lol I will soon. Just gonna replace them with some cheap ones I'd love to get the poison Spyder ones but don't wanna spend a grand on flares

For sure! Just pm me your email and ill send it. Lmfao you completely lost it?!? lol
You should just try going to a junkyard and see if theres any wranglers with the stock black ones, or if your lucky, the white ones.

Ok so; here is my initial thought regarding trail itinerary for 2 groups. The basic idea is that we would split off at Area B (Star), and then run trails that naturally meet back up again at Tower (Heart) where we can regroup, take pictures up with the scenic view / eat lunch / etc. My goal is to have these two trail systems take roughly the same amount of time, and within the same park area to where we can keep in radio range

From tower this gives us two options - if folks are done / it's too hot / want to head back to camp, we all just take Park Road 3 back down to Area B. If folks are down to continue, then we trade routes between groups and run them in reverse, which again gets us back out to Area B :)

View attachment 162002

Group A (Yellow on Black)
Area B -> Park Road 1 -> North Peak -> North Pole (Fence-line) -> Green Mile -> Park Road 1 -> Park Road 3 -> Tower

Group B (Black on Yellow)
Area B -> Park Road 1 -> Rocky -> Park Road 2 -> Bull Run -> Feeder Creek -> North Pole (Fence-line) -> Greenhorn2 -> Green Horn -> North Pole (Fence-line) -> Park Road 3 -> Tower

This list is subject to change but it's what I'll be running time trials on to start.

Sound good?

Kuddos man! Everythings is looking marvelous 😎

Angry Aussie

I'll be driving but I would also like to get a feel if anyone has the Enforcer or Evo Bolt-Ons although I am leaning towards the COs.

If your leaning towards co then just do them. It will be so worth it! I wish I had but will be going to them very soon!

Angry Aussie

For sure! Just pm me your email and ill send it. Lmfao you completely lost it?!? lol
You should just try going to a junkyard and see if theres any wranglers with the stock black ones, or if your lucky, the white ones.

Kuddos man! Everythings is looking marvelous 😎

I'm still pissed off I couldn't get up that step ledge! Didn't help I didn't have a spotter but it's all good it's a jeep battle scare. Sadly I think I'm just gonna throw on the cheap shittybilty flares they have come out with. I don't have the coin to do any nicer ones for now. I get asked all the time, where did your fender flare go? I don't mind telling people hidden falls ripped it off!

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
I'm still pissed off I couldn't get up that step ledge! Didn't help I didn't have a spotter but it's all good it's a jeep battle scare. Sadly I think I'm just gonna throw on the cheap shittybilty flares they have come out with. I don't have the coin to do any nicer ones for now. I get asked all the time, where did your fender flare go? I don't mind telling people hidden falls ripped it off!

Yeah, it was just a bad line. Theres always next time. :thumb:
Yeah i hear that. I have a ton of custom pin striping from HF. I think it gives the jeep more character lol
Arent the shittybilts still a little pricy?

daverawr

That's pretty astonishing that TRO would be on the list for beginners - I have to imagine a lot of bypasses were taken since that trail features a lot of diff-dinging rock gardens, deep water crossings, double-shelf waterfalls, and an exit climb that has been severely washed out by the rains requiring an off-camber S-climb with gassing it to clear.

It's also like a 3 hour commitment to a single trail if people want to actually try the obstacles with spotting since its also one of the longest.

Don't get me wrong - it's my favorite trail next to Wildcat :) maybe after lunch if folks are down for the challenge we could run it :)

Well Im not sure if we pulled through the whole thing. But we did do the rock gardens and there was a off-camber pass that i almost had a heart attack on. from it being the first time haha. along with a small uphil climb avoiding that huge rock on the right side after the small river crossing. But yeah the rock gardens were fun and scary Not many people used the bypass during that section but as a whole i believe we took the bypasses after that. untill another trail. name of which i am unsure of. I left rock gardens with damage to pinch seems due to crappy rock sliders that are mall rated. Would have been better off with Rubi Rails for more clearance.

daverawr

If youre in need of a stock fender. I have the one rear black plastic unpainted ones that comes on the Jeeps with unmatched roof and fenders. You can have it at the HF run if needed. let me know so i can make it a thing to put it in the trunk when packing up. Just dont have the clips.!

Angry Aussie

Yeah, it was just a bad line. Theres always next time. :thumb:
Yeah i hear that. I have a ton of custom pin striping from HF. I think it gives the jeep more character lol
Arent the shittybilts still a little pricy?

No they came out with some that look like trimmed fenders and they are only $270 for all four. I can't beat that deal right now. I know I know it's shittybilt and their stuff sucks but it's my best option for now.

Angry Aussie

If youre in need of a stock fender. I have the one rear black plastic unpainted ones that comes on the Jeeps with unmatched roof and fenders. You can have it at the HF run if needed. let me know so i can make it a thing to put it in the trunk when packing up. Just dont have the clips.!

Thanks, but it's my front passenger side that got ripped off. I'll never forget Ashley saying uuummmmm there goes your fender! It was so funny. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440778454.053257.jpg

Top Bottom