Updated Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Newbie Run Oct 2nd-3rd

USMC Wrangler

I can put you as asst for group 2 and move me into the regular group. I need no title. (I'm certainly not suggesting you or anyone else on the list does either) No worries from me at all. Easy like Sunday morning here...

drafh

If the second group remains small, are we going to divide the groups so they will be even? It would limit delays in the trail.

drafh

Also, I think after this newbie run I will be more comfortable helping plan, leading, and assisting future trips to Hidden Falls. Maybe others will also. If we are able to give each other some help we can have more trips together.

USMC Wrangler

Also, I think after this newbie run I will be more comfortable helping plan, leading, and assisting future trips to Hidden Falls. Maybe others will also. If we are able to give each other some help we can have more trips together.

Absolutely! :yup:

iRonin

Well I'm not too sure on exactly what I'm doing besides leading or assisting

The additional trail leads were to start a second group right :) I don't really need a second person to lead a convoy but I can't be in two places at once; that's why I figured it would be daverawr leading group two with usmc tail gunning to tag team it. :)

I also agree that we should just split the groups right in half once we get our final number.

Trail update:

I did get out there Saturday and ran both sets of trails. I had my wife driving as a true simulation of newbie pace (it was her first time behind the wheel @ hidden falls).

The verdict on the time is that it took about 2 hrs to run the second set of trails (which is about perfect for single jeep, convoy will push it out to like 3ish). The first set of trails isn't long enough, only taking about half that and on less interesting terrain.

The downside to the second trailset is that the map is woefully inaccurate in that middle section where bull run / green horns / etc intersect so it's really easy to get lost going the wrong way.

So, I'm working on a revision using the second set that will let us get into the area as a group, split off at the right time, run parallel trails, then loop around and switch trails. :)

USMC Wrangler

Ok, I simplified the trail leads, listing everyone who has volunteered. Check page one for the update. I'm glad you could get out there and drive the trails beforehand to hammer down a solid plan.

@drafh, I moved you to group 2 and added your friend. It balances out the groups better for now too.

drafh

Ok, I simplified the trail leads, listing everyone who has volunteered. Check page one for the update. I'm glad you could get out there and drive the trails beforehand to hammer down a solid plan.

@drafh, I moved you to group 2 and added your friend. It balances out the groups better for now too.

Thanks again for all you are doing for this trip.

Top Bottom