Updated Texas Hidden Falls Adventure Park Newbie Run Oct 2nd-3rd

cjmenma

Just made it back home... I wanted to thank everyone and especially iRonin for your help. It was an awesome experience and trip overall. My wife took a bunch of pictures, so I will post them up later.
Again, big shout out to George for taking the lead and patiently teaching everyone. See y'all on the next wayalife trip!

BobbyGTX

I rode with Hobolobo. My name is Clayton. I had a great time with a great group of people. I can't wait to get my rig so I can learn everything yal are willing to teach me. The 2am fender trimming party was fun! Special thanks to George for being such a good leader! I can not wait until next year. I will most definitely have my own rig! Thank you everyone for being so cool!

Welcome man!

daverawr

Going to post my pics as soon as get wifi at a buddy's house but I posted a group shot on Houston Jeep Freaks fb group and this guy had something nice to say [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23] ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443999259.580056.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1443999270.741981.jpg

Kumar

I've had my eye on a place that isn't as well known and may have potential to offer us the same kind of wheeling we enjoyed this past weekend. It's actually a sister park to Barnwell mountain but probably due to its location it hasn't received as much attention. I'll attach the link so you guys can look through their website. If we go out and donate 8 hours of maintenance we can wheel the next day for free. I'm thinking chainsaws would probably be most of the work.

Look it over and see what you think. If you seem interested let me know and I'll start a thread and organize a run for in the spring. Something like a long weekend where we pull in Thursday night, clean trails on Friday and then wheel it Saturday.

http://www.escondidodraw.org/info_directions.php

I just made it home from HF. Count me in for this trip too [emoji106]

Jackal01

Going to post my pics as soon as get wifi at a buddy's house but I posted a group shot on Houston Jeep Freaks fb group and this guy had something nice to say[/ATTACH]

Would you be able to post them here as well? I do not have a FB.

I am working on my wife's pics now. :yup:

tdougherty81

What a great turnout and a great bunch of people! Really enjoyed meeting everyone and thanks to George for the patience of keeping everyone together throughout the day. That being said....

I've had my eye on a place that isn't as well known and may have potential to offer us the same kind of wheeling we enjoyed this past weekend. It's actually a sister park to Barnwell mountain but probably due to its location it hasn't received as much attention. I'll attach the link so you guys can look through their website. If we go out and donate 8 hours of maintenance we can wheel the next day for free. I'm thinking chainsaws would probably be most of the work.

Look it over and see what you think. If you seem interested let me know and I'll start a thread and organize a run for in the spring. Something like a long weekend where we pull in Thursday night, clean trails on Friday and then wheel it Saturday.

I've already spoken to one of the board members out there and they seem very accommodating. We just let them know when we want to go and then they'll show up and let us in.

Hopefully this plan grows some legs and we can get together to make this happen. Let me know what y'all think. Thanks!

I'm interested.

BobbyGTX

Here's a few pics

Attachments

• 1444001157070.jpg
    1444001157070.jpg
    165.5 KB · Views: 60
  • 1444001653962.jpg
    1444001653962.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 1444001672609.jpg
    1444001672609.jpg
    156.2 KB · Views: 60

Jackal01

Thanks to everybody who made this run such a success. I met a bunch of great people and learned a lot along the way. Even had some fun with our 2 a.m. fender trimming party! Special thanks to George for taking on leading this group and great spotting and Charlie for helping me get my cb working at least somewhat. Looking forward to the next one. ::cheers::

No problem. Hopefully next trip we can have to ready to go. I would swap your antenna for a FS 2, though. That and perhaps having a better ground will do the trick.

I've already spoken to one of the board members out there and they seem very accommodating. We just let them know when we want to go and then they'll show up and let us in.

Hopefully this plan grows some legs and we can get together to make this happen. Let me know what y'all think. Thanks!

We are interested to hear more on it.

So upset we couldn't make it out! We had doors off, beers iced, camera charged and my buddy and his girl. As we headed down the street to get tacos I noticed my engine light was on. It's never come on before, after we got tacos we stopped to fill up the rig and grab some ice. I looked under the jeep to see my freshly changed royal purple oil was leaking everywhere!!! So we had to head home and figure out my next step. We were so sad we couldn't make it out to meet everyone. Hopefully we can do it again soon. I know I'll be heading out there next weekend or the weekend after that if anyone wants to go hit me up.

Total bummer!! Next time for sure.

Jackal01

So here are some of the pictures my wife, Angela, took. She tried to get as many rigs as she could but she was also learning the ropes on spotting so not everyone was not part of her shots but hopefully others will post up!! Having mostly shots of R2 in her camera is kind of boring. :crazyeyes:

These are not in any chronological order but I did try to group the trails and obstacles together.

DSCN0565_zpse5ocsevp.jpg

North Pole/Peak? Next 4 pics.
DSCN0554_zpsrtod6kjt.jpg

DSCN0551_zpspclmu5vu.jpg

DSCN0542_zps4wpjdllh.jpg

DSCN0539_zpsczqfnavh.jpg

Bubba and I took this one on. We were the last 3 rigs and when I started it everyone in front was on the left side of the trail. Did anyone else try? Just curious.
DSCN0534_zpsts2bbyzv.jpg

DSCN0536_zpsjapwsyjg.jpg

DSCN0538_zpskoktigk8.jpg

Green Horn next 5 pics.

DSCN0525_zpsnxpng53c.jpg

DSCN0518_zpsnbxb8xbc.jpg

DSCN0516_zpsqtkqdidu.jpg

DSCN0512_zpsg4jdqu4b.jpg

DSCN0501_zpslpvjuns6.jpg

DSCN0499_zpstzsabwzi.jpg

DSCN0495_zpspcnayovh.jpg

DSCN0490_zpsbn5au94y.jpg

DSCN0488_zpscqx1akcf.jpg

DSCN0483_zpsvo8dhb9b.jpg

DSCN0486_zpsflmvsao1.jpg

DSCN0481_zps4ymxt2gu.jpg

DSCN0478_zpsp3autkya.jpg

DSCN0476_zpsh672terr.jpg

DSCN0468_zpsn4m1vn3q.jpg

DSCN0472_zpswyzgm1ju.jpg

DSCN0467_zps1m8dmwdk.jpg

DSCN0466_zpsjigjpzk4.jpg

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
So here are some of the picture my wife, Angela, took. She tried to get as many rigs as she could but she was also learning the ropes on spotting so not everyone was not part of her shots but hopefully others will post up!! Having mostly shots of R2 in her camear is kind of boring. :crazyeyes:
Those are some GREAT shots!

daverawr

DIDNT GET ALOT OF SHOTS :( but here you guys go uploaded what i thought were the best shots! thanks so much guys for making this so memorable, this being my girlfriends first time camping you guys made it so much better she enjoyed it very much and we both look forward to the next one!

Heres a link to the thread, i didnt get any shots of my self on the trails so if anyone has any could you please post them!

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...Group-Newbie-Run&p=591228&posted=1#post591228

daverawr

What a great turnout and a great bunch of people! Really enjoyed meeting everyone and thanks to George for the patience of keeping everyone together throughout the day. That being said....

Im in ! Sounds like tons of fun

BobbyGTX

DIDNT GET ALOT OF SHOTS :( but here you guys go uploaded what i thought were the best shots! thanks so much guys for making this so memorable, this being my girlfriends first time camping you guys made it so much better she enjoyed it very much and we both look forward to the next one!

Heres a link to the thread, i didnt get any shots of my self on the trails so if anyone has any could you please post them!

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?...Group-Newbie-Run&p=591228&posted=1#post591228

Great pics!

Top Bottom