Time for my JK to Evolve - Highoctane Anvil '15 Rubicon Unlimited build

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Lifting the Jeep a bit to gain some more up travel front and rear, and get the front shocks out of the shock range controlled by the upper compression tube. Should give a smoother ride, and allow me to drive faster offroad. Image1484087845.190452.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

highoctane

Caught the Bug
Anyone know where to start to trouble shoot a rear ProRock 80 locker that won't engage? Front works fine so that rules out compressor. When I have the compressor on and turn on the rear locker switch, the compressor cycles for a second or less, which tells me the solenoid and switch are working properly. Compressor does not run constantly which tells me there isn't an air leak. Any ideas?

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Anyone know where to start to trouble shoot a rear ProRock 80 locker that won't engage? Front works fine so that rules out compressor. When I have the compressor on and turn on the rear locker switch, the compressor cycles for a second or less, which tells me the solenoid and switch are working properly. Compressor does not run constantly which tells me there isn't an air leak. Any ideas?

Wouldn't you want to drain the fluid and pull the diff cover off to inspect that? You probably want to test the locker independently of the air line so you can see if you got a kink or hole somewhere.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
got my builder corners delivered yesterday. excited to put them on but jealous that ORE doesn't offer the tubing welded on the bottom anymore. did you do the install did ORE do it while you got your rig built there?

Evo Mfg builds the corners and does not do the tube on the lower corner. Offroad Evolution does it in house only on in house builds and did it on mine during my build. My understanding is the corners must be fitted and installed on the Jeep, measurements taken, and a tube is cut and bent based on those measurements. The tube almost completely closes up the gap at the lower/aft corner of the armor and hugs the body fairly tight, so a one size fits all tube would probably be hard to do due to body and corner installation variances.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Playing catch up on your build. Turned out great. I'm a little jealous but happy for you.

Be safe on your next trip, you have a family waiting on you. I miss my days in Army Aviation and I absolutely love helos, I have been in for a minute (89-?)

Last edited:

highoctane

Caught the Bug
It's mine free and clear! :rock: :wings:

Now it's officially time to start saving for a Motech LS3 swap.

Screen Shot 2017-01-27 at 3.31.34 PM.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom