Front Bump Stops with Teraflex 2" Budget Boost

AZMikeD

Hi, my LJ has a 2" Teraflex Budget Boost installed with Rancho shocks (not sure which model). I noticed the front bump stop extensions were installed which appear to provide very little suspension compression. I'm guessing the bump stop compresses some but still doesn't seem like much travel. I was reading Eddie's RE Budget Boost write-up and front bump stop extensions were not included with that kit. Using this logic I was thinking it was OK to remove the bump stop extensions. Is it OK to remove them? Thank you!

FrontBumpStop.jpg

Last edited:

AZMikeD

If any one can answer my question above I'd really appreciate it. I will be changing my front brakes this evening and I'd like to address this since I'll have the wheels off.

Plus, if I can remove them, if any one can tell me the stock front bump stop bolt size/length so I can pick up a couple today I'd appreciate the too.

Thanks in advance! :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, my LJ has a 2" Teraflex Budget Boost installed with Rancho shocks (not sure which model). I noticed the front bump stop extensions were installed which appear to provide very little suspension compression. I'm guessing the bump stop compresses some but still doesn't seem like much travel. I was reading Eddie's RE Budget Boost write-up and front bump stop extensions were not included with that kit. Using this logic I was thinking it was OK to remove the bump stop extensions. Is it OK to remove them? Thank you!

View attachment 160740

You WANT to have bump stop extensions that are about as tall as you have lift. This is to help prevent the over compression of your coils.

Moabbnd

x2 on leaving them in there. They're there for a reason, and that'll help keep the tires out of your fenders and save your coils and shocks

Top Bottom