Hinrichs 2.0

SevenSlotSpartan

Hinrich I must say I'm pumped I found your thread! I loved going through and seeing the amazing transformation of your 2 door, which I hope mine gets on that level soon, but Uh congrats on the new jeep and man i look forward to seeing this build process come together... Heck what am i saying you've made more progress on your JKU in a couple weeks than I have in a couple years :thumb:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Just found this thread somehow. Looking great man! Whoever gets your old 2-door is in for a treat that's for sure.

They will get a good deal if they have any clue on what half the stuff is that was left on it lol.

Hinrich I must say I'm pumped I found your thread! I loved going through and seeing the amazing transformation of your 2 door, which I hope mine gets on that level soon, but Uh congrats on the new jeep and man i look forward to seeing this build process come together... Heck what am i saying you've made more progress on your JKU in a couple weeks than I have in a couple years :thumb:

Thanks man, sure helped to have the stock pile of parts from the 2 door waiting, and buying the coilovers used so I didn't have to wait on the delivery. Kinda annoyed that I hit a stand still right now but tomorrow I should be able to drive it again I think.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Grab the aluminum and color match them white like we talked about

I think thats what I will end up doing. Just not sure how bad I really want the carrier back on tho cuz if its like it was on the 2 door, I will hate it even more than I did before :naw:

Still may just run it in the back, but then I loose all the space I just gained lol.

Last edited:

Jk909

I think thats what I will end up doing. Just not sure how bad I really want the carrier back on tho cuz if its like it was on the 2 door, I will hate it even more than I did before :naw:

Still may just run it in the back, but then I loose all the space I just gained lol.

What did you dislike about it?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
What did you dislike about it?

More or less just how hard it was for me to open it. Mostly my fault and it needed more adjusting but that was my only complaint. Just dont want to have that be the same issue this time around.

JK07

I'm leaning towards aluminum for my rear skins. While there might be corrosion concern, if coated well it should be better then dealing with rust on the steel version. Right?

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I'm leaning towards aluminum for my rear skins. While there might be corrosion concern, if coated well it should be better then dealing with rust on the steel version. Right?

This is my thought on it. I think im going to hit eastwood and get some epoxy primer to seal them up, then decide on color.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Just ordered the skins and tail light kit. I was going to try out the ones with the built in reverse lights, but I still have my duallys and will prolly use them again, just dunno where I will mount them since I think I will finally run the EVO fascia which I threw on last night.

Jk909

Aluminum doesn't corrode much with salt. My boat trailer gets dipped in the ocean all the time and it still looks like new after 5 years

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I still have my duallys and will prolly use them again, just dunno where I will mount them since I think I will finally run the EVO fascia which I threw on last night.

A pillar and get the SMRs (or whatever) to run on top of the fascia? Think thats the route I'm gonna go when I finally buy them.

SaddleTramp

Just ordered the skins and tail light kit. I was going to try out the ones with the built in reverse lights, but I still have my duallys and will prolly use them again, just dunno where I will mount them since I think I will finally run the EVO fascia which I threw on last night.

Here's where the good folks at ORE mounted some for me, the floods work great as backup lights.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441146816.852684.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Only update is got my slightly used dynomax evolution competition system installed last night.

I will have to say with the poison spider evap skid....it was a pain, had to trim part of the skid which I plan to eventually weld the hanger to it I think. Just for a little extra reinforcement. Oh and also had no problems with the evap clips the first time pulling them, yeah broke both last night lol.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1441195443.427227.jpg

Also wish I would have not waited and ordered the new corners Monday, cuz I won't have them till Wednesday now :doh:

Top Bottom