ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449667371.210614.jpg

With the velocity cone and filter holder installed

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449667389.922503.jpg

Filter which I need to clean this weekend

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449667406.174190.jpg

Final product

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449667422.795169.jpg

CJW

Does this intake whistle at all? Interested in upgrading from stock but don't want an annoying whistle while cruising.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Does this intake whistle at all? Interested in upgrading from stock but don't want an annoying whistle while cruising.

The open box like I was running was deff louder and had more of a growl sound to it, this seems very quiet. I notice my exhaust more than anything.

Looks good. Report on the "findings".

All I notice so far from the short drive is its quieter, I will have to try and see if they mileage changes at all.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
So basically is a stock box with a 1" wide slot cut in the side?

More or less. I mean you do get a larger intake tube that is hard plastic rather than the stock rubber. The box may be a little larger and does have the velocity cone design and a large filter with pre-filter sock which I added when I had the snorkel since it helps incase you do get some water in the box.

Like I said my oem air box, when removing, I broke off all the little feet on the bottom so I figured I already had the snorkel system, which no one will buy, why not see if I can just make it into a "cool air" and that only cost me $100 for the box and cover which isnt bad. In the end if I really want I can throw on my dented hood, swap boxes, and I can run the hood slug again.

Just ordered a spare filter, and also a cleaning kit for the intake.

Last edited:

LasVegasJK

This is the 8 piece kit. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1449881199.042358.jpg
Sorry, this is the only picture I have on my phone.
They are pretty bright. And the install is basic.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
How well do these stay in place with just a magnet? Was thinking about these but maybe glueing them in place too.

Unless they get hit, I don't see them moving or falling off. The magnets seem more than strong enough

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Those look very nice. Reading this thread is getting expensive. Hinrichs sucks.

The magnets are great, and make these very easy to mount.

I need to call the company and see if I can cut and wire them in series to eliminate a lot of the extra wiring. I watched the one install video on youtube which was a great starting point, but when you are putting together 12 leads, its gets messy and the wire just gets very thick and looks like crap to me.

Edit: They said they can be wired in parallel, but I dont know what that means.

Last edited:

uberc4

In a series circuit, every device must function for the circuit to be complete. One bulb burning out in a series circuit breaks the circuit. In parallel circuits, each light has its own circuit, so all but one light could be burned out, and the last one will still function.

Parallel wiring
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1450390174.998213.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom