ARB Twin air compressor

Hightower

Agreed about cost and location of the tray. I was think of putting the battery on bottom and pump on top but as u say dealing with any issues with the battery will become a big job.

Serg5000

Agreed about cost and location of the tray. I was think of putting the battery on bottom and pump on top but as u say dealing with any issues with the battery will become a big job.

Do you still have fender liners? If not you should be able to get to your battery from the bottom if need be.

In any case. Good luck with your project. If you have any more questions let me know. I will help if I can.

arashi

The ARB unit was just over $500.00. The dual battery tray was $125.00 I believe. The mounting bracket material I used I had from a previous project. It is 3/16" steel. It didn't take long to make once I knew what and where I wanted it. Any other questions let me know.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

Charlie Mike

Today I was supposed to go on the run with the other 50 jeeps but my boss need a couple of us to bail him out of a pinch. Three guys called in sick.

So I asked him what we were expected to do. He said just go in and keep an eye on the park. I asked him if I could install my compressor in between going out and Checking on things. He said he didn't care as long as we drove site at least three times to ensure the park was doing ok. My partner told me to go ahead and work on my jeep project and he would drive site.
I managed to get the install done, minus the wiring. Here are some pics of the dual battery tray I used as well as the final install.

Great idea with the dual battery tray! :thumb:

But you think you might get problems when you start wheeling in wet/muddy areas? It looks like with the open fan in that up right position, gravity will pull down any water that might get in the engine compartment. :thinking:
Any problems or experience with wet conditions yet?

Charlie Mike

Great idea with the dual battery tray! :thumb:

But you think you might get problems when you start wheeling in wet/muddy areas? It looks like with the open fan in that up right position, gravity will pull down any water that might get in the engine compartment. :thinking:
Any problems or experience with wet conditions yet?

Looks like I should have done my research before posting. :doh: These things are IP55! :beer:

Serg5000

I live in SoCal not much mud around here. Either way these things are made for that abuse. As far as water goes......we shall see. I put plastic on the bottom of the tray before bolting in the compressor to help keep any water from coming directly from underneath. Only time will tell. On the other hand. I purchased a 3 year warranty no questions asked free replacement plan from 4wheelparts when I purchased the unit. So for the next three years I'm covered. Lol.

Serg5000

Clarsen. Here are the pics I said I would take for you. Hope they help.

Attachments

• image-1485473380.jpg
    image-1485473380.jpg
    443 KB · Views: 466
  • image-3367918942.jpg
    image-3367918942.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 466
  • image-1484012875.jpg
    image-1484012875.jpg
    401.1 KB · Views: 468
  • image-2489287303.jpg
    image-2489287303.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 472

Rock-itman

Really nice set-up great job !! I didnt think they had a dual tray yet for the 2012 Jk ? A friend of mine fabbed up some brackets for us to use the dual ARB under the pass seat as well and nobody has had an issues yet . And now i see a company is duplicating the product to a point and selling on thier site . Difference being they look prettier and they move w/ the seat ( which im not sure is so great w/ all the lines in and out .) I think i saw the tray on overlander forum for the dual set-up for the 12 jk but like you said it was optima batts only . thanx any info would be greatly apprec as im wondrin same thing w/ the install (WHERE ) to go . Cheeers looks great :beer:

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Clarsen. Here are the pics I said I would take for you. Hope they help.

I know this thread is old. but i have been searching for some option for my Compressor. where can i buy some of the 90% attachments? i am having problems with the airline connecting the compressor to my manifold hitting my hood and now it has created a small leak.

scull20

I know this thread is old. but i have been searching for some option for my Compressor. where can i buy some of the 90% attachments? i am having problems with the airline connecting the compressor to my manifold hitting my hood and now it has created a small leak.

I am not sure what you are referring to with regard to the "90% attachments".

As far as the air line is concerned, take a look in the ARB instructions, they show you how to loosen the manifold and rotate the outlet for the compressor. You'll get more clearance this way. I have mine rotated like this with a large swivel elbow and a quick disconnect and my hood closes just fine. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1430412812.949779.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I am not sure what you are referring to with regard to the "90% attachments".

As far as the air line is concerned, take a look in the ARB instructions, they show you how to loosen the manifold and rotate the outlet for the compressor. You'll get more clearance this way. I have mine rotated like this with a large swivel elbow and a quick disconnect and my hood closes just fine. View attachment 140311

sorry its been a long morning for me. i meant to say a 90 degree attachment for the airline connecting the manifold to the compressor. Ill try and get pictures when i get home tonight that might better show what i am trying to explain. but the airline that came with my manifold sits too high and is coming into contact with my hood still. these are the attachment included with the kit:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429388241.119706.jpg

I need some more low profile ones so they dont sit as high. kid of like this:
twin.jpg

IceColdJK

I live in SoCal not much mud around here. Either way these things are made for that abuse. As far as water goes......we shall see. I put plastic on the bottom of the tray before bolting in the compressor to help keep any water from coming directly from underneath. Only time will tell. On the other hand. I purchased a 3 year warranty no questions asked free replacement plan from 4wheelparts when I purchased the unit. So for the next three years I'm covered. Lol.

Now that you've had it installed for some time how has it held up? I was thinking of installing mine inside the cab area but was concerned about two things noise and heat. How loud are these compressors? Do they get hot enough to burn someone? I do not want my daughter or anyone else to be hurt by accidental contact if it is in the passenger area. I love the under hood setup you have. It looks clean and maintenance free.

Last edited:

Spudcannons

Now that you've had it installed for some time how has it held up? I was thinking of installing mine inside the cab area but was concerned about two things noise and heat. How load are these compressors? Do they get hot enough to burn someone? I do not want my daughter or anyone else to be hurt by accidental contact if it is in the passenger area. I love the under hood setup you have. It looks clean and maintenance free.

They got HOT, hot enough to seriously burn yourself. Even the connections to the air hose when filling tires on the compressor side gets hot enough to burn you.

Serg5000

I would be more concerned about the noise rather than the heat. It's a noisy bastard. Hot, hell ya they get hot.

WJCO

Meme King
Bump. For those of you running the ARB twin compressor. What's a good working hose system for airing up tires? I like the idea of the inline gauge too. Basically if I buy this compressor, what else will I need for airing up tires (fittings/lines/etc)? I want to do it once and do it right. I do not have lockers, and don't plan on lockers.

swampdog

Bump. For those of you running the ARB twin compressor. What's a good working hose system for airing up tires? I like the idea of the inline gauge too. Basically if I buy this compressor, what else will I need for airing up tires (fittings/lines/etc)? I want to do it once and do it right. I do not have lockers, and don't plan on lockers.

For 35 bucks you can get he ARB air up kit which has the flexible air hose, quick connects, and all of the end attachments you could ever need. It does not come with an in line air gauge, but ARB makes one for an additional 30 bones.

WJCO

Meme King
For 35 bucks you can get he ARB air up kit which has the flexible air hose, quick connects, and all of the end attachments you could ever need. It does not come with an in line air gauge, but ARB makes one for an additional 30 bones.

Cool. Thanks. Exactly what I'm after. I'll look into it.

WJCO

Meme King
Are you going to be using it for lockers or just airing up? You will need a manifold if using it for lockers.

No lockers. Just tires. I'm leaning toward the twin because of speed. Wife and kids are tired of waiting in the Jeep for slow air ups with my cheapy compressor. I was going to go with the single because I wanted the portable system, because the twin portable system is really expensive. But the more I'm looking at it, I could still get the fast-ass twin compressor and just hook it on to the vehicle for a decent price. I'm pretty confident I'm going to do it that way.

Top Bottom