Looking the change my suspension up

brooklyn4x4

I currently have a teraflex 2.5 budget boost with fortech racing shocks. I have the teraflex rear track bar drop bracket and all the bump stops that come with the bb. I also added extended rear brake lines. I just got a free set of AEV geometry correction brackets which I plan on installing and while I'm at it I want to get rid of the bb and get some real springs and new shocks. I'm looking for better ride quality and more travel. Here's the options I'm thinking about, for coils, Evo 3" plush ride that's my front runner but I worried about gaining to much lift because I have a 2 door so I'm also thinking about 2.5 rock Krawler and 2.5 metal cloak true dual rate springs. For shocks it's between fox 2.0 or the rancho 9000xl.

I'm looking for any advice form anyone who ran these products, or if anyone thinks I'll have a problem with the setup I'm looking at.
Thanks

BigBoy

No personal experience on anything you mentioned, but my research tells me that the plush rides with the ranchos offers the best ride. It's what I have on my build list and will run eventually 😀

jkwebbie

I have the EVO 3" plush rides with Bikstein shocks and I love it! I also have a 2 door and gave me just a little over 3" of lift. For the rock krawler lift, I've heard that the coils are really stiff and have seen them give 2 doors a lot more lift, seen a 1.5" lIft give a guy close to 3.25" of lift.
For shocks, you can't go wrong with the Fox or Ranchos, I know a lot of guys that have the plush rides and Ranchos and love them, very smooth ride!
But here's a picture if my 2 door with the 3" plush rides on stock Rubicon wheels and tires to give you a good visual.

Attachments

• 1440944448308.jpg
    1440944448308.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 1440944476317.jpg
    1440944476317.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 217

Panda

I currently have a teraflex 2.5 budget boost with fortech racing shocks. I have the teraflex rear track bar drop bracket and all the bump stops that come with the bb. I also added extended rear brake lines. I just got a free set of AEV geometry correction brackets which I plan on installing and while I'm at it I want to get rid of the bb and get some real springs and new shocks. I'm looking for better ride quality and more travel. Here's the options I'm thinking about, for coils, Evo 3" plush ride that's my front runner but I worried about gaining to much lift because I have a 2 door so I'm also thinking about 2.5 rock Krawler and 2.5 metal cloak true dual rate springs. For shocks it's between fox 2.0 or the rancho 9000xl.

I'm looking for any advice form anyone who ran these products, or if anyone thinks I'll have a problem with the setup I'm looking at.
Thanks
I am also running the 3 inch evo coils, I cannot compare them to the other coils you mentioned but I'm really happy with the way they ride, what I can tell you is they will lift a 2 door 4 inches plus and at that height you'll need new driveshafts eventually as well as rear upper control arms to correct pinion angle also you'll be much better off not using the AEV correction brackets and just getting new front lower control arms to correct your geometry
I have the EVO 3" plush rides with Bikstein shocks and I love it! I also have a 2 door and gave me just a little over 3" of lift. For the rock krawler lift, I've heard that the coils are really stiff and have seen them give 2 doors a lot more lift, seen a 1.5" lIft give a guy close to 3.25" of lift.
For shocks, you can't go wrong with the Fox or Ranchos, I know a lot of guys that have the plush rides and Ranchos and love them, very smooth ride!
But here's a picture if my 2 door with the 3" plush rides on stock Rubicon wheels and tires to give you a good visual.

Your jeep looks great :thumb: have you measured your actual lift? You should be up at least 4 inches with those coils :yup: measure like this ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440946966.319732.jpg

:thumb: have you measured your actual lift? You should be up at least 4 inches with those coils :yup: measure like this
I was thinkin the same. My 3" plushrides gave me right about that much on my jku.

On that note, i cant say enough good things about the evo coils or the rancho 9k's.

JakeJK

I've got the RK 2.5 with bilstein 5100s and I like the ride, never ridden in a jeep with plush rides, I got a good bit of lift out of the 2.5 but I forgot to measure
Before
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440950641.803385.jpg
After
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1440950578.288321.jpg

JohnnyD

I have the RK triple rates 2.5 and RRD shocks. I've had it in awhile now. She has settled and I am sitting at 3" even front and rear measured as suggested above.

That said, it is, overtime harsher than I thought it would be. I'm in the northeast and by the shape of the roads might as well be in the desert woops. Just did a three hour jaunt to NH and man MA has some issues with the roads lol....I am not easy on the gas like to cruise at 75...the back roads can be even worse...

I have full eight arms, aftermarket ds's, toyo rt's 35, heavy front light rear....looking for other options as well, need to smooth this thing out on road...

Off-road she rocks.

jkwebbie

I am also running the 3 inch evo coils, I cannot compare them to the other coils you mentioned but I'm really happy with the way they ride, what I can tell you is they will lift a 2 door 4 inches plus and at that height you'll need new driveshafts eventually as well as rear upper control arms to correct pinion angle also you'll be much better off not using the AEV correction brackets and just getting new front lower control arms to correct your geometry

Your jeep looks great :thumb: have you measured your actual lift? You should be up at least 4 inches with those coils :yup: measure like this View attachment 162620

I was thinkin the same. My 3" plushrides gave me right about that much on my jku.

On that note, i cant say enough good things about the evo coils or the rancho 9k's.

Typo, meant to say a little over 4" of lift, not 3" lol

JakeJK

Haha don't worry about it man! When I was looking for my lift, I had it down to EVO and Rock Krawler

I used to drive a truck so maybe that's why i didn't really feel that much of A stiffness but everyone says they're stiff so idk haha

Black Beaver

I have the RK 2.5 on my 4 door. I'll admit that for the few first 100-200 miles were a little stiff. But once the springs settled in it rides great. Not as good as stock still a little harsher. But that's what you expect from a lift. But don't think you can go wrong with evo or RK.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I have the RK 2.5 on my 4 door. I'll admit that for the few first 100-200 miles were a little stiff. But once the springs settled in it rides great. Not as good as stock still a little harsher. But that's what you expect from a lift. But don't think you can go wrong with evo or RK.

Actually I don't expect a lift to ride worse than stock. You clearly haven't ridden in quality suspension lots of you expect shitty ride quality.

I have the same RK 2.5 and after 5k+ miles it still rides harsh. Not much better than terrorflex which is probably the worst.

jkwebbie

Actually I don't expect a lift to ride worse than stock. You clearly haven't ridden in quality suspension lots of you expect shitty ride quality.

I have the same RK 2.5 and after 5k+ miles it still rides harsh. Not much better than terrorflex which is probably the worst.

If yours is that bad, are you going to change out your coils any time soon? Or maybe upgrade?

JohnnyD

^^^^this...

I expected things to maybe mellow out but not so for me either...being a two door I feel it's probably a bit worse...just not sure which way to move forward coils and shocks, just shocks, just coils.....

Top Bottom