Finally...Wrangler based pickup coming.

JakeJK

Only thing wrong with a wrangler based truck is the lack of towing capacity. And torque. There needs to be another engine option

Last edited:

JamesWyatt

Only thing wrong with a wrangler based truck is the lack of towing capacity. And torque. There needs to be another engine option

Well, IF there is a diesel, then there you go. And these wouldn't compete with full-size trucks anyway. I'm picturing a 4-Door with a roll cage over the pickup bed and a military-style canvas cover/tarp with a roll-up back opening. And having a pickup bed would open up a huge aftermarket opportunity for add-ins and full-on replacements (light RV camper style bed).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's going to be over priced. Look how much the JK costs now.

Not to mention the renegade..

Oh yeah, IF this were to really happen (and I'm still not convinced of anything that "Automotive News has learned independently"), it'll be way overpriced. That is not to say that people wouldn't pay for it though.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Oh yeah, IF this were to really happen (and I'm still not convinced of anything that "Automotive News has learned independently"), it'll be way overpriced. That is not to say that people wouldn't pay for it though.

Yeah, I'd pay the premium as well !!

😂😂

JamesWyatt

It's going to be over priced. Look how much the JK costs now.

Not to mention the renegade..

It will be interesting to see how much more the JL base model Sport will be over the JK. Then add to that a premium for the phantom truck bed, and then another premium for a phantom diesel... I can see a Hard Rock 4-door pickup with diesel topping out around $55-60K.

Brent McCartney

A JK8 actually put me into my JKU. Drove by the Dealership and they had this Red Hott 2013 JK8 conversion setting out front, we had been discussing a new truck and I flipped a uturn to look at it only to be stunned at the 52k price tag. Used. I think they would sell like hot cakes at a Church breakfast.

TJ4fun

yeap, jeep needs to get there head out of there ASS...a jeep truck would send Chrysler stock through the roof.....a gazillion would be sold!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
http://www.allpar.com/SUVs/jeep/wrangler/future/pickup.html

From reading this I am kind of feeling let down. I would have hoped they would take the AEV brute JK and went that way. I guess I am going to be talking with AEV and see what they can do for me cause I want a jeep wrangler truck

Something similar to the Brute would be great, but not at that same price point. If they made it comparable to other truck prices, I think they will sell well. Hell, I might pick one up. At 90 grand like those brutes, forget it.

Roc900

I have the 2014 Dodge 1500 Ecodiesel, I love it!!! I hope the new regime at Fiat/Chrysler pull the trigger, And start putting that same motor in the wrangler….!!!! They will not be able to keep them on the lot!!!!!
"…new 1500 diesels into the new jeep truck." +1 :thumb:

Top Bottom