Drunk Driver vs. Offroad Evolution Quarter Pounder

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Insane! Thank God you were ok. Really shows testament to quality US made parts too! On another note, take two is a perfect name for your new rig!

r2fasani

Thank you very much for sharing this. I'm very glad you're all right! It certainly is a testament to the quality of EVO products.

Torqt JK

Wow what a great story. Glad your ok! What an endorsement for Evo products. And it's so refreshing to here how high you've kept your spirits through the whole experience.

Back Country

So glad to see you are ok! WOW, this changed my mind on a stinger vs no stinger. And yeah, people drink the EVO cool-aid for a reason! Because it is quality stuff. Probably will get a LoD front bumper with a stringer, but wow that is one bad A@* bumper. Looking forward to seeing your new build, be safe out there.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
So glad to see you are ok! WOW, this changed my mind on a stinger vs no stinger. And yeah, people drink the EVO cool-aid for a reason! Because it is quality stuff. Probably will get a LoD front bumper with a stringer, but wow that is one bad A@* bumper. Looking forward to seeing your new build, be safe out there.

Just know one thing. The LoD bumper/stinger is a nice setup and they make high quality products, but it is NOWHERE as strong or stout as the EVO 1/4 pounder. Don't take my word for it, compare the two yourself.

Back Country

Just know one thing. The LoD bumper/stinger is a nice setup and they make high quality products, but it is NOWHERE as strong or stout as the EVO 1/4 pounder. Don't take my word for it, compare the two yourself.

Yeah, I was informed that LoD is made of 3/16 vs the 1/4 that the EVO. Close, but close only counts in horseshoes and handgredades right?

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Yeah, I was informed that LoD is made of 3/16 vs the 1/4 that the EVO. Close, but close only counts in horseshoes and handgredades right?

I was personally going to go with an LoD stinger bumper to match my LoD rear bumper and tire carrier. When I actually compared the two it was a no brainer for me. Again, just my opinion, both are nicely made.

Jk909

I was personally going to go with an LoD stinger bumper to match my LoD rear bumper and tire carrier. When I actually compared the two it was a no brainer for me. Again, just my opinion, both are nicely made.

I have a rear LOD but ended up with the 1/4 pounder up front as well too. Could t be happier

thedrod

I am overwhelmed by the response to my story on this forum and on Facebook. The Jeep community is the best. You are all awesome.

JKbrick

I too am glad you are alright. Two thoughts come to mind, #1- how many people sitting at a light would have seen him even swerve? Most people instantly look down at their phone the second they stop if they already were not looking at it. #2- I hope this thread comes up when people question whether to cut of that stupid ass "crash bar" to install the quarter pounder. Cutting off a 2 or 3 pound piece of stamped steel to be replaced by 80 pounds of 1/4" steel, a no brainier for me.

Last edited:

thedrod

I too am glad you are alright. Two thoughts come to mind, #1- how many people sitting at a light would have seen him even swerve? Most people instantly look down at their phone the second they stop if they already were not looking at it. #2- I hope this thread comes up when people question whether to cut of that stupid ass "crash bar" to install the quarter pounder. Cutting of a 2 or 3 pound piece of stamped steel to be replaced by 80 pounds of 1/4" steel, a no brainier for me.

The gospel of JKbrick Verse 1.

FTCB = "F the crash bar"

Top Bottom