JK Horizontal Headlight Adjustment

Ok I'll have to look at it again. I had to really losses the outside one on the drivers side to move it to the left. I have to go back in to wire the DRLs so I'll look at it closer then. Maybe I have something binding. The verticals adjustment didn't take much at all and the passenger side was just a few turns as well.

lordlochwood

Price at 4WD Hardware lowest available

I think I paid around $10 for mine ordered straight from the dealer. I had to provide a part number to ease the puzzled/astonished/confused look I was given when I asked for the part.

All - Great Stuff, Maynard! (Thanks, USMC!):clap2:

Found 4WD Hardware had best price AND no shipping cost (only state taxes):brows:

duktrx

I found I only had to loosen the vertical adjustment screw and remove the factory screw to be replaced by the new horizontal adjustment screw. Just wiggled the old one out with the ring in place.

View attachment 242105

To get close to the previous alignment, I took before measurements with my cheap caliper and tightened everything back to the recorded spacing.

View attachment 242106

onbelay

Have you ever noticed the extra notch on your JK's grille while scrubbing the bugs off? These notches are located at about the 8 o'clock position on your drivers side headlight and about the 4 o'clock on the passenger side. This is where your horizontal headlight adjustment screw should be. Yes, you could make adjustments with what's already on your JK, but this would require removing you grille and both headlights, making an adjustment, reinstalling your headlight and repeating until you're happy.

This write up will show you how you can skip those steps. I imagine stock and upgraded headlights would benefit from this.

Here is the extra notch in the grille on the driver's side.

View attachment 166499

Thank you for this information and write-up! We did this mod a month ago and the difference in beam pattern (JWS Evolution J) is amazing after we adjusted. Our passenger side light was aimed too far to the left, causing a hot spot left of the vehicle at about 50 feet. No more. Now it's basically daylight in front of the JK out to about 100 feet.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Thank you for this information and write-up! We did this mod a month ago and the difference in beam pattern (JWS Evolution J) is amazing after we adjusted. Our passenger side light was aimed too far to the left, causing a hot spot left of the vehicle at about 50 feet. No more. Now it's basically daylight in front of the JK out to about 100 feet.

Yep. I think the sucky stock lights might be helped, with a little aiming, but a good set of LED headlights, properly aimed, makes a heck of a difference. Fixing the headlights, was some of the most useful money spent on my JK.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

upalms

I know this is an old thread, but anyways. The stock one adjustment does crap, and I think struggling with these after the LED upgade I may have stripped at least one side, seeing as these make new threads I'wondering if it would be beneficial to replace the the two stock adjusters as will, would that work/help? My lights are a mes one is up in the trees cant get it down the other lamp is in the woods...

Thx!

Top Bottom