ILIKEDIRTs build!!

Sithwindu

Anytime! I trimmed the rocker guards since you can't trim the corners or you will cut off the lower mounting point of the corner. I had the corners completely installed already. Had a buddy help me hold up the rock skins, marked my cut line and made a straight cut with a chop saw. Everything lined up perfect. One thing I still may add is an additional hole for a bolt/nutsert on the trimmed end since you eliminate the two end bolts/nutserts. But it's actually not bad without them so we'll see. View attachment 181598 Unfortunately I didn't realize I had to trim them till after I had them powder coated so you can see the powder coat got a little messed up from the heat from cutting but no biggie. But it's a straight cut.

Thanks abunch jkricky! Guess gonna order the evo skins and start cutting, I'm sure a generous amount of rtv could help with the loss of the nutcerts.

JKRicky

Thanks abunch jkricky! Guess gonna order the evo skins and start cutting, I'm sure a generous amount of rtv could help with the loss of the nutcerts.

Yeah it could help but honestly it's still a tight fit without since there still is a nutsert not too far away from the end. But glad I could help!

ilikedirt2011

Jeep looks great Ilikedirt! can't wait to get my 1/4 pounder and stinger put on also. Great looking bumper. I'm def jealous of your Warn though [emoji106]🏼

Thanks man! Stoked on how's it's coming along. Just need to get these sliders on and hit some trails soon!

ilikedirt2011

Had a productive Super Bowl Sunday!!
Finally had time and slapped on my LOD sliders!! Extremely happy with how they came out! Tapping the frame was a bit of a PITA but not too too bad.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454975111.734374.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454975131.884868.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1454975142.589425.jpg

Almost ready to finally hit some trails!!!!

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Just finished reading through your build. Nicely done. Where did you order the drill and tap set from?

Top Bottom