Escondido Draw Recreation Area. April 8-10

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
This actually sounds awesome to attend. But that fact that your on a 4" lift/35s and still manage to hit pretty well doesnt sound so well for someone who's pretty stock 🤔

Exodus 4x4

It's been awhile since I've been out there, but I'm going on the 20th and can tell you for sure if it would be an issue.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Cool, just let me know if it would be doable or not. I wouldnt want to hold everyone one up by continuiously getting high centered and needing a pull/winch out.

Napalm

This run looks like a lot of fun!! But, unfortunately I think it's going to be a little bit too far of a drive from me from Tyler. I hope that you guys have fun!

Exodus 4x4

Looks like I finally got my front axle squared away enough to make another run out to EDRA and recon/clean some more trails. I'll post some pics and get a better idea of the camping situation as far as the facilities go. Hopefully this weather continues and it won't suddenly turn cold or wet.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Looks like I finally got my front axle squared away enough to make another run out to EDRA and recon/clean some more trails. I'll post some pics and get a better idea of the camping situation as far as the facilities go. Hopefully this weather continues and it won't suddenly turn cold or wet.

Awesome, Cant Wait to see pics!

Ive been slacking and havent ordered my sliders/rear tire carrier yet. I'm also still on the factory gears and havent had a chance to swapped out my front drive line yet... crap. :doh:

Exodus 4x4

Awesome, Cant Wait to see pics!

Ive been slacking and havent ordered my sliders/rear tire carrier yet. I'm also still on the factory gears and havent had a chance to swapped out my front drive line yet... crap. :doh:

Dude, you need to get on that! You're probably ok on the tire carrier for now.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug

Glad to hear your gear situation is resolved. Anxious to hear how it is out there.

Exodus 4x4

Glad to hear your gear situation is resolved. Anxious to hear how it is out there.

Gear situation was never an issue. The dude pretty much made my front locker a paper weight though which has me pretty pissed. I wouldn't be so mad if he would just own it and replace it but that'll never happen. Look like air lockers are in my future now. Not sure what's going on with it but I know for sure now it's internally screwed. I'll be sure to keep you mind while we're out there and let you know if it's worth it for you to drive out there.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Gear situation was never an issue. The dude pretty much made my front locker a paper weight though which has me pretty pissed. I wouldn't be so mad if he would just own it and replace it but that'll never happen. Look like air lockers are in my future now. Not sure what's going on with it but I know for sure now it's internally screwed. I'll be sure to keep you mind while we're out there and let you know if it's worth it for you to drive out there.

Thats right, my mistake it was the locker. It sucks that they didnt own up to it, but hopefully you wont use their service in the future.

Thanks a lot man, interested to see how it is for the little rigs lol

Exodus 4x4

Well made it back for another look around this weekend, and to also to test out the new 37's. The campground isn't finished yet due to the electrical provider still not running power out to the facility. There are also no showers yet. The good news is for those that don't mind roughing it we are allowed to camp at the hunting camp. There is a restroom facility nearby but still no shower, sorry. The shower thing sucks because it does get dusty and you do sweat, so maybe plan on having some baby wipes or bring enough water to rinse yourself off good at the end of the day. If you can't handle that theres plenty of places to stay at in town, but thats an easy 40 minute commute each way. If you go that route I recommend the Holiday Inn. Its about $120/night and they have a great breakfast.

As far as the trail conditions go I think we can have a pretty good run. Most trails are pretty clear and we really only need to do some light maintenance on one of them. I ran one in the afternoon that caused me to bust out the winch, so I think we'll avoid it. Cool trail but unless each rig has a winch I can't imagine it being any fun. There are a couple trails that even a stock rig could run. I'm thinking if you have stock you could make the runs on those trails and then jump in with others on the more difficult trails. A spotter is almost necessary out here. Its been a hectic couple of days so I might have forgot something. I'll post up again if remember I left something out, or if you have a question hit me up. Hope to hear from you!

DSC00528.jpg DSC00527.jpg DSC00520.jpg DSC00531.jpg DSC00538.jpg

BobbyGTX

Well made it back for another look around this weekend, and to also to test out the new 37's. The campground isn't finished yet due to the electrical provider still not running power out to the facility. There are also no showers yet. The good news is for those that don't mind roughing it we are allowed to camp at the hunting camp. There is a restroom facility nearby but still no shower, sorry. The shower thing sucks because it does get dusty and you do sweat, so maybe plan on having some baby wipes or bring enough water to rinse yourself off good at the end of the day. If you can't handle that theres plenty of places to stay at in town, but thats an easy 40 minute commute each way. If you go that route I recommend the Holiday Inn. Its about $120/night and they have a great breakfast.

As far as the trail conditions go I think we can have a pretty good run. Most trails are pretty clear and we really only need to do some light maintenance on one of them. I ran one in the afternoon that caused me to bust out the winch, so I think we'll avoid it. Cool trail but unless each rig has a winch I can't imagine it being any fun. There are a couple trails that even a stock rig could run. I'm thinking if you have stock you could make the runs on those trails and then jump in with others on the more difficult trails. A spotter is almost necessary out here. Its been a hectic couple of days so I might have forgot something. I'll post up again if remember I left something out, or if you have a question hit me up. Hope to hear from you!

View attachment 191692 View attachment 191693 View attachment 191694 View attachment 191695 View attachment 191696

Sound awesome man! I don't have winch yet lol, I won't be able to get off work till Friday night, I'll be able to meet up with yall late Friday or early Saturday morning. Would that be a problem?

Exodus 4x4

Sound awesome man! I don't have winch yet lol, I won't be able to get off work till Friday night, I'll be able to meet up with yall late Friday or early Saturday morning. Would that be a problem?

I don't see it being a problem man, just get there when you can!

Exodus 4x4

Thats right, my mistake it was the locker. It sucks that they didnt own up to it, but hopefully you wont use their service in the future.

Thanks a lot man, interested to see how it is for the little rigs lol

Hey man, I know you'd be good for a couple of trails. If nothing else you can always stick to the rear and if it gets to hairy back up and out. It's up to you,and I'd hate to see you miss out.

Texas Nick

Caught the Bug
Hey man, I know you'd be good for a couple of trails. If nothing else you can always stick to the rear and if it gets to hairy back up and out. It's up to you,and I'd hate to see you miss out.

Nice pictures! Well hopefully my lockers should help, but i think with this trip and the one in 2017. Its time i get a winch. You can put me on the going list.
If anything, ill take photos of everyone if im not able to make it up most the stuff :thumb:
Great chance to check out a new place and see some fellow Wayalifers :beer:

Edit: also, heres a picture of my rig
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457365966.673337.jpg

Last edited:

Exodus 4x4

Nice pictures! Well hopefully my lockers should help, but i think with this trip and the one in 2017. Its time i get a winch. You can put me on the going list.
If anything, ill take photos of everyone if im not able to make it up most the stuff :thumb:
Great chance to check out a new place and see some fellow Wayalifers :beer:

Edit: also, heres a picture of my rig
View attachment 191735

Sounds good man, I'll add you to the going list!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

View attachment 191692 View attachment 191693 View attachment 191694 View attachment 191695 View attachment 191696

Wow... Yep. I need to attend. Wish the trip was late April. I'll do what I can

Exodus 4x4

Wow... Yep. I need to attend. Wish the trip was late April. I'll do what I can

Just go and do what you can, we'll take pry bars and hi-lifts to get you off any rocks you get stuck on. But seriously, as long as you get your sliders in before then you should be good for this.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Just go and do what you can, we'll take pry bars and hi-lifts to get you off any rocks you get stuck on. But seriously, as long as you get your sliders in before then you should be good for this.

Sliders, rear tire carrier, and gears will be ordered ASAP. the issue is LOD's 3 week build time...

Top Bottom