internal beadlocks ?

bekel

Has anyone ever ran internal beadlocks, if so how do they stack up vs normal ones. Have the old 32 bolt steel ones on my 94 but looking for ideas for my 15 as it is my daily driver thx u

Last edited:

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
What do you mean, how do they stack up? Are you asking if the internal beadlock is really worth the pain and weight over just a "regular" beadlock (one beadlock ring on the outside of the rim in this case)?

Why don't you just poll all the people on the forum if they've ever popped a bead on a regular beadlock rim and you'll have your answer. There's plenty of people with them to have a decent sample size.

To start, I have ATX Slabs, usually run 10-12 psi offroad and haven't popped a bead.

dchew

Caught the Bug
I have internal beadlocks. They are fine but I wouldn't say they are any better than the regular ring style, just different. I like the look of Hutchinsons that's why I got them.

You can air down as low as you want and not lose a bead, but I'm not sure that's a big advantage. I don't go lower than about 10 psi anyway.

I'm getting close to needing new tires. Don't ask me if I like them while I'm changing tires; I'm not looking forward to that exercise at all!

Dave

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I have Hutchinson Rock monsters on my JK and the old MT ring style on my buggy. I go to 7-8 regularly without problems on both of them. Probably a little too low for a lot of terrain. I've gone to 5psi and the things go up Sandhills like its pavement.
I haven't pooped a bead with either.

There are probably more seasoned guys to respond than me. Edit- I don't race like some guys on here and they may have better experience than me

jeeeep

Hooked
I've helped assemble ATX (mine) and Hutchinson (buddy's) as far as PIA factor they both have their moments where you'll get a case of turrets but I would say the ATX assembled easier than the Hutchinson.

I'm going to be taking mine apart to clean them up and seal the aluminum and think it'll be easier than disassembling a Hutchinson. :beer:

Top Bottom