Jeep Trails near DFW, Texas?

Jeepster nOOb

I'm new to the Jeep community and anxious to hit the trails but I do not know where any are, nor do I trust myself in them. Does anyone know of some beginner to moderate level trails around DFW? Anyone nice enough to show me the ropes?

I'm an excellent driver with good instincts - not worried about screwing up. But I don't want to completely trash my JKU either.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1444101126.912691.jpg

dwvninety

Barnwell Mountain in Gilmer TX. Northwest OHV Park in Bridgeport TX are the once close to DFW. Both have beginner to moderate level trails.

daverawr

Not that close to DFW but well worth the drive to go to Hidden Falls Adventure park. Been 2 times, 1 being with the other Texas wayalife members this past weekend.

Jeep Bro 08

There are some trails near 360 & trinity blvd a lot of jeeps go down there. Im always there let me know & u can follow me in

RoughRider

I've been looking for someone with the right tools and knowledge to help me with a fender chop, anyone in the area?

daverawr

Rent a angle grinder with a cut off wheel. That's how we cut mines on the trails [emoji23] homedepot you can rent one, I believe it's about 14-15 bucks for 4 hrs. Or 25 or something for 1 day.

daverawr

That's the first time I've seen them cut like that

Yeah I have only seen one other person, dont remember who but i saw it on a thread on here. But since i have the full width i wanted to see how it would look, i like it now. and Still gets rid of the fender rubbing, and get to keep the marker and full width size, and looks fitted properly which was important to me!

JKU14 JW

There is also Clayton, OK that is not too far north of DFW. Freelings and Green Acres have a variety of trails for all levels of rigs.

Jeep Bro 08

Its not on any maps on your phone.its just some Good Ol Boy local trails thru thru the woods & along the river some hills to go up & stuff.i usually go on weekends or sometimes after work & drink a few beers

mastrcruse

You have...
Bridgeport 45 minutes from DFW
Gilmer 2.5 hours
Arbuckle Offroad 2.5 hours
Hot Springs 5 hours
Colorado 13 hours 😄

I think Bridgeport is very forgiving for beginners. Also, a lot of the clubs around dfw run easy groups to get you enjoying yourself and learning your rig. I'm in grapevine and if ya wanna go out there in late October/early November with me, I'd be in. Probably will have maybe 1 or 2 more jeeps...all of us take it slow and enjoy ourselves with no pressure

Top Bottom