How's this for a way of life?

JAGS

Hooked
All about quality of life and work life balance....apparently doesn't mean shit in the Bay Area.

Can't imagine the drain mentally, physically and financially a commute like those reported would cause. I'm at about 75-80 miles round trip. Once in a while more. Some days less if I telecommute. I don't mind driving, but I just hate traffic.

thardy

Banned
Im currently driving about an average of 5000 miles a month, working 5 days a week. Now mind you, my truck is my office and I'm damn glad I don't have to pay for it!

gtony12

Caught the Bug
I was working 6 days a week traveling back and forth to Texas, leave on Sunday morning return on Friday night, if not in Texas was drive 186 miles a day to LA back home then get on planes for the last 2.5 yrs before that working 40 hours a day driving to LA 180 miles then working 40 more hours at a 2nd job doing armed security only sleeping maybe 16 hours a week, now I have my dream job working for Firestone only having to work normal 40 week & drive 8 miles this is the life!!!!!

Last edited:

naysjp

Caught the Bug
If I can get this one job I applied for and get through the interview process, I will turn a 60 mile RT commute to 4.4 mile RT commute w/no free way. I'm over the commute. I put 18,800 miles on my new JK. There's only the one trip to NV for the Mohave run and a couple of trips to Redlands Shooting Park but no real driving other than this job.

Ddays

Hooked
To and from my office is 90 miles with my wife every day, but that is usually only the start for my daily driving. Put roughly 75k miles on my vehicles per year. LOL, Had a loaner car last year for 5 days while my Durango was in the shop for some work. Brand new Nissan Sentra with less than 100 miles on it. Returned it with 1900 miles on the odo. Service tech just about had a stroke when she read the mileage!

spinuck

One of my friends has a car that is 3 yrs old and has 5k on the odo. HATE HER!

Unless she has another mode of transportation, sounds boring.

I live in one of the bay area commuter towns and I don't know how people do it for years and years. I commuted 160 miles a day for six months and it* sucked! I guess if you have to choose between paying a million for a home to live close to work or less than half of that and have to commuted, commuting must look more attractive. The upside for me was that when we finally moved and I didn't have to commute, I got my Jeep :thumb:

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
These mileage all suck, but how long are you Cali guys just sitting in traffic? At least my driving is pretty much open roads. That gridlock on top of your distances would drive me insane!

Sessoms14X

Damn... and I thought I was racking up the miles on my jeep with my to and from totalling 44 miles. That's just insane.

lulu2533

Sheesh...I'm 60 miles round trip and I fricken' hate it. I really feel bad for everyone that's got a long ass commute for work.
I need a new job dammit.

Scuba465

52 miles a day, but traded driving about same distance into Mass. For new job up here in NH. No taxes or traffic, just nice country roads. Although going over Temple Mountain in the winter is bad, I've got my Duratracs to see me through

scull20

I was doing about 60 miles a day, and just recently cut that in half...but I'm now using the jeep to go to job sites...still racking up the miles

Top Bottom