2006 tj help!

Jk909

Hey guys my little cousins who is enjoying his first year in college wants to run 35's on his tj. He currently has a 2" body lift and 33's. He was asking if I knew what he should do and I'm not familiar with tj's. I wanted to see if anybody could recommend a budget boost that includes all the necessary parts. Thanks fellas

Ben E

Does he wheel a lot? And is it flexy stuff or mud, or what? You can fit 35's with another 2 inches of lift but they're gonna rub bad when flexing. I have 4.5" of lift and 33's and I rub. Seems to depend on the Jeep, but maybe an SYE kit if he goes up 2 inches. Some TJ's get picky when they're lifted a little, some don't. I don't think there's any science behind which ones need an SYE.

If he wants to go cheap, a 2" spacer lift with some new shocks starts around $200, available from several different reputable brands.

jeff_in_rc

Hey guys my little cousins who is enjoying his first year in college wants to run 35's on his tj. He currently has a 2" body lift and 33's. He was asking if I knew what he should do and I'm not familiar with tj's. I wanted to see if anybody could recommend a budget boost that includes all the necessary parts. Thanks fellas

My 04 has a 4" lift on it and I run 35's with just a little rubbing on the passenger front and nowhere else. Is your cousin going to wheel it hard or is it a lite duty 4X4 that he is having fun with? If he plans on running it hard one day add a few more inches of lift like was suggested and go for it.

Jk909

Just light wheeling it's more for looks than anything. What components do you guys suggest if he were to to a 2" or 2.5" spacer lift. I want to make sure he still has a good ride and I'm not familiar with tj's. Thanks again guys

Ben E

Honestly a spacer is a spacer, I don't consider any brands to be better than another's in that category. Shocks are universal knowledge between all vehicles, so pick your favorite. I have Rancho adjustable shocks and am still on the fence about them even after 2 years... If it's mostly for looks I'd not worry about specific brands of shocks. Here's a simple 2" spacer kit with shocks to get to started. Just google "Jeep TJ 2" spacer lift" and you'll get about a trillion different kits that are all pretty much the same, and within about $70 of eachother.

http://www.extremeterrain.com/rough-country-2-suspension-lift-tj-658h.html

The only Rough Country parts I have direct knowledge of are their quick disconnects. Some people do not like Rough Country, they are a "budget brand" kind of. Others who have their stuff say it's worked awesome for them.

If he's just doing a spacer lift, his ride quality will not change (except for shocks) since he'll still have factory springs.

WJCO

Meme King
Just make sure you get 'hubcentric' ones. They will center the wheel on the hub. Otherwise, you most likely will get vibrations.

Post edit: DISREGARD ALL OF THIS ^^^^ I thought this was about wheel spacers. Clicked on wrong window I had open.

BlackBandit

I got a 1 inch hocky puck under my bodymounts and 2 inch budget booster with a metric tire thats close to a 34. Keep your sway bars connected and put a pair of wheel spacers (use blue locktight on the studs so the wheel spacer is safe) back and front to prevent rubbing when turning. Do all this and he will never rub. I have yet to rub with my tires.

Think about it this way. The 35 is approx 3-4 inchs bigger up into the wheel well so just lift the jeep 3-4 inchs to accomidate for the tire size and you will be back to stock frender room. Budget boost is great for this becausr it does not allow for more flex, hence it uses stock springs.

geberhard

Douchebag
1.5 to 1.75 coil spacer will do the trick and keep the ride quality pretty close to teh same. I hate body lifts beyond 1", but if it is alreday tehre the coil spacer will do the trick. You can also try stock JK 4 door Rubi coils, they will give about 2" of lift. Keep in mind over 1.75" of coil lift will start going in a bad rear driveshaft angle scenario.

Since he is looking for budget, 1.75 coil spacers :D

Top Bottom