Close

Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

Ok. So I'll start a build thread. This will start out as an 'already built' thread as most of the work is done already. Rather than caption each photo, I'll add a bunch of text here to begin with. Did a Zone 4" short arm lift, BFG MTs 255/75R17, roof rack, rough country winch mount, with Warn Zeon 8s, customized a generic grill guard to go around the winch mount, added Warn lights, DIY tire carrier with high lift mount, OME steering stabilizer in a beginner's attempt to fix DW (which I just now found was a seized axle side track bar bolt that never torqued down right, see the shiny bolt in the picture), Off road armor sliders (Built here in CO), DIY air intake (I did not want to run an open filter on the Jeep, but had to modify air system due to relocating washer bottle) The WJ washer bottles are in front of the LF tire, stupid design. Herculiner interior, isimple MP3 aux input with USB charging port, Full LED interior, new rear tail lights with 1500 lumen(claimed) reverse lights, buttload of tools in my spare tire well now that tire is outside vehicle, Custom Jeep logo'd 3rd brake light decal, And of course the WAYALIFE fender decals. I think that's all for now.

jeep (8).jpgjeep (19).JPGjeep (18).jpgjeep (17).jpgjeep (16).jpgjeep (15).jpgjeep (14).jpgjeep (13).jpgjeep (12).jpgjeep (20).jpgjeep (21).jpgjeep (22).jpgjeep (1).jpgjeep (2).jpgjeep (3).jpgjeep (4).jpgjeep (5).jpgjeep (6).jpgjeep (7).jpgjeep (11).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by wayoflife View Post
    Awesome! Great seeing a WJ build thread here. Look forward to following any new modifications you make to it
    Thanks. Work in progress, as always.

Nice Jeep, nice color. Those WJs had some pep to their step especially with the 4.7l.
    2014 JKUR Anvil
    KK6MRA

Nice WJ! Keep the pics comming!
    2014 JKUR "Stumps"

Quote Originally Posted by Irish JK View Post
    Nice Jeep, nice color. Those WJs had some pep to their step especially with the 4.7l.
    Thanks. It was peppy until I put on the 32s. Still not bad. Gonna gear up to 4.56 this December hopefully.

Quote Originally Posted by MR.Ty View Post
    Nice WJ! Keep the pics comming!
    Thanks. (10 characters)

Been Around the Block wschilawski's Avatar
    Great looking build so far - I saw that you installed the Bilsteins; you won't be disappointed with those. I ran the ProComp ES9000's when I had the WJ but were pretty stiff.
    2.5" RK Flex | Bilstein 5100 | Nitto Terra G2
    Double Deuce Build Thread
    Titletown Jeepers

Thanks for the feedback. I'm anxious to get them out on the trail and try them out.

eyourlife Light bar

Working on the light bar. It's loosely up there as I'm building the mounts. But this is a rough idea of what it will look like. Cheapa$$ light bar, it is what it is. Still for 60 bucks, it ain't bad. I -already took it apart and ran silicon over all seams. I'm getting the wiring harness from Rigid sometime next week. Sorry about the crappy night photos, and Jeep is really dirty too.

DSC02343.jpgDSC02341.jpgDSC02340.jpg