WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Soooooo..........Did you, the........urban warrior happen to wear...........your red and plaid...........lumberjack shirt?
Do you............feel more manly now that you've................exercised your need to justify.........your inner self.......
and.....aw fuck it. That's all I got :cheesy:

:cheesy: :cheesy: :clap2:

WJCO

Meme King
Got the chainsaw out today to make sure it would run. It sat out in the cold all winter long. Fired right up, first attempt. Good comfort to know if I needed this thing on the trail, it would work just fine.

0401171259.jpg

longarmwj

Got the chainsaw out today to make sure it would run. It sat out in the cold all winter long. Fired right up, first attempt. Good comfort to know if I needed this thing on the trail, it would work just fine.

View attachment 251019

A chainsaw is such an overlooked trail tool. We've had situations down south where people will go snow riding and get caught on the trail by a down tree :naw:

WJCO

Meme King
A chainsaw is such an overlooked trail tool. We've had situations down south where people will go snow riding and get caught on the trail by a down tree :naw:

Exactly why we bought it. That was us one day. Luckily when we ran into it, we turned around and were able to get home. Made me think that it would be a good idea to carry one.

WJCO

Meme King
I've had some ongoing tcase leaks. Everytime I fix one, another pops up. So recently I found a TSB for an updated tcase vent valve at the end of the breather hose so pressure doesn't build up in the tcase. Sure enough when I got the old one out, it was completely plugged, couldn't blow any air through it. The new one is white and has a bigger flow diameter on the input and output. It was a major PITA to get to, it's behind the engine. You can barely see it or feel it and can't get tools in there. Had to pull the whole thing out from the bottom, do the repair, and feed it back up again. Hope it fixed the leaks.

Old vs new:

IMG_20170401_143827_855.jpg

You can see it in the back of engine here:

IMG_20170401_144013_681.jpg

gheller

Yeah, that looks like it would be a bitch to get to. Big difference in old vs new.
Should do the trick.

How's the flex seal holding on the Yoke Plug so far?

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

gheller

Yes, works for rowboats, babies, puppies and kittens cut in half. But for yoke plugs it requires some fineness

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
JKS sway bar lanyard kit installed. Sure beats zip ties and bailing wire. Only 15 bucks and installs in about 15 minutes.

IMG_20170406_174243_801.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Clever idea!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Very Nice!!! 😎

Simple and hopefully will be effective.

I've always liked your WJ!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app

I can only hope to build mine up like yours! I'm definitely going to be scouring through this build thread to see what to do on mine! Awesome build!

Sent from my XT1585 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks. It has been a really fun build.

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks to the recommendation by WxNerd2015, I ordered one of these nifty switch removal tools. Just tried it out, very easy to use.

IMG_20170421_165542_060.jpg

IMG_20170421_165459_897.jpg

IMG_20170421_165525_186.jpg

gheller

They work well, I got one when I ordered my switches from OTRATTW and they remove the Rockers easily from the Carling switches.

xwaz

I just noticed you have the old system gauges, look exactly like the one out of my old zj.

Sent from my XT1565 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom