WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
Just strip the terminal ring off and shove the raw copper end in? And an Allen screw threads in through the top to secure the copper cable?

Yep. I used tin snips to cut the ends off (bolt cutters work too). Then I stripped about 3/8" off of the insulation. The hole in the terminal is pretty deep, so I wanted to make sure no copper was sticking out visually (part of my OCD). Then I just put the copper wire in and tightened the screw. For my small light wires, I just held them in place with the larger cable so that the allen screw pinched them both down together. I attached some pics below. I just realized my middle positive wire went off to the side a little. It is still really tight, but I'm going to re-do it just for peace of mind.

DSC03627.jpg

DSC03626.jpg

DSC03628.jpg

EDIT: One failed on me and the company blamed me for the failure. Sky High Car Audio does not stand behind their products: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...tery-Terminals?p=917456&viewfull=1#post917456

Last edited:

swampdog

Yep. I used tin snips to cut the ends off (bolt cutters work too). Then I stripped about 3/8" off of the insulation. The hole in the terminal is pretty deep, so I wanted to make sure no copper was sticking out visually (part of my OCD). Then I just put the copper wire in and tightened the screw. For my small light wires, I just held them in place with the larger cable so that the allen screw pinched them both down together. I attached some pics below. I just realized my middle positive wire went off to the side a little. It is still really tight, but I'm going to re-do it just for peace of mind.

View attachment 204680

View attachment 204679

View attachment 204681

Exactly what I was looking for. Once again dude, you are aces. Thanks.

WJCO

Meme King
Exactly what I was looking for. Once again dude, you are aces. Thanks.

No problem, man. Glad to help. Good luck with the build. I just went out and checked that middle positive cable, it's not moving so I'm leaving it.

WJCO

Meme King
Got a bunch of upgrades coming up. One is the twin ARB compressor. Just built a small frame mounting system for it in the cargo area. The small black screws next to the rings are fastened into a gusseted body support under the trim and are really solid. I started my horizontal bar with these mounting points. Then I added an upright just for extra strength. My compressor will mount here and I will run cables from the battery all the way back here and have an auxiliary power source in the cargo area. Once I get the compressor, I'll build a mounting plate that fastens to my frame that I built tonight. I'm also hoping to build something in this same location that will contain the hose and tire accessories.

DSC03645.jpg

DSC03646.jpg

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Nice. I love seeing what you come up with for your Jeep. Like I've said before, I don't get to see very many built up WJ's.

WJCO

Meme King
** quoting to see the pictures**

A lot of times on the app pics only show up after they've been quoted for some reason.

Yeah, I know. Strange. I had 3 pictures, but the 3rd was very similar to the 2nd so I deleted it. Since then, I can't see the pictures embedded. Not sure.

WJCO

Meme King
Ordered some Bushwacker flares today. And thanks to the online instructions, I already started measuring and trimming ahead of time.

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I should have known better, but I got 'had' by buying some cheaper ebay wiring. I am getting ready to run my wiring to the back of the Jeep for my ARB compressor. I wanted 2 gauge, but as you can see I did not receive it.

0531161636.jpg

Since the wiring is clearly a fraud, I may just stick with the 4 gauge. I think I'll be fine. I'm running an inline 350amp circuit breaker anyway just to be safe. I'm working with the ebay seller on a refund.

WJCO

Meme King
Wow! That is a level of serious commitment needed for those fenders!! Looks like a fun but nerve racking install there!!

No kidding. After I got into it though, it wasn't too bad. I had trimmed some already to fit the tires I have now. Hopefully the flares will be in in a couple of days and I can finish this thing.

WJCO

Meme King
Ran the wiring tonight for the ARB compressor. Having this Jeep bed-lined with no carpet saved a ton of time. Fastest I've ever ran wire all the way back. Looks like from one of the pics, I missed a spot, I'll have to go back and hide that. Nothing is hot right now, I just laid it in place. Once I get all the parts and look at sizes of everything, I'll finish it up. I'm hoping compressor gets here this week. And I also ordered my STT Pros today! Excited about getting those on.

DSC03656.JPG

DSC03657.JPG

DSC03658.JPG

Top Bottom