WJCO's Build Thread, 1999 WJ

WJCO

Meme King
Nothing too special, but installed a new steering wheel cover. The wife has one on her JK and it's gotta be the most comfortable steering wheel cover ever. So I got one as well (no, not pink). Cameleon is the brand.

0320171914.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Bicycle water bottle cage huh? Not a bad idea... How do you like it?

Love it. I actually installed 4 off them total. I've only had them for a few months but use them all the time. Great for extra water storage. We never have enough cup holders it seems. They work really good unless the water bottle is really skinny.

WJCO

Meme King
Just found a drop of fluid in the driveway. Looks like the yoke plug on the rear driveshaft slip yoke is leaking. Everywhere else around it is dry. I cleaned it with brakeclean, masked it off, and loaded it with FlexSeal. I'm hoping that will prevent me from needing a new yoke.

IMG_20170322_153602_111.jpg

gheller

Just found a drop of fluid in the driveway. Looks like the yoke plug on the rear driveshaft slip yoke is leaking. Everywhere else around it is dry. I cleaned it with brakeclean, masked it off, and loaded it with FlexSeal. I'm hoping that will prevent me from needing a new yoke.

View attachment 249595

Flex-Seal! Good thinking, hope that does the trick.
Then they can add another idea to their commercials.

Sent from Earth to Space and back...can ya give it a second!? WAYALIFE mobile app

TRLJNKY

Lol Id would never have thought of using flexseal. I feel your oain when you notice a drip though

sent from my Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

Arms are on, but caster is too high. I'll deal with that tomorrow. Here's a pic of the old zone arms with the shot bushing too. The right one is the bad one.

View attachment 238746

View attachment 238747

WJCO quick question. I plan on ordering some of these control arms based on your recommendations, I shopped around for the price and the johnny joint on the axle end I can't complain. But it looks like you went with the Poly bushings? Any squeaking or needing to grease often etc?
Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

WJCO

Meme King
WJCO quick question. I plan on ordering some of these control arms based on your recommendations, I shopped around for the price and the johnny joint on the axle end I can't complain. But it looks like you went with the Poly bushings? Any squeaking or needing to grease often etc?
Thanks!

I went with the tier 3 arms. They have a Johnny joint on one end and a poly on the other. Another member on the forum here said that they are working on building tier 4 arms which are Johnny joints on both ends. Per their Facebook page awhile back, you could contact them and order some even though the arms aren't on the website yet. I wish they had been available and I would have done that. As far as noise, no issues. Each end has a grease zerk. The rears I've had the longest and I greased them months ago and haven't since.

Reminder, don't throw the box out until you are sure you get everything out, I did but luckily recoverd some wrapped up aluminum spacers that I needed. This was mentioned in another thread.

WJCO

Meme King
Did you go for Wonder bread?

Soooooo..........Did you, the........urban warrior happen to wear...........your red and plaid...........lumberjack shirt?
Do you............feel more manly now that you've................exercised your need to justify.........your inner self.......
and.....aw fuck it. That's all I got :cheesy:

Ok....I'm completely lost...What am I missing? I even Googled wonderbread lumberjack to see wtf you're talking about....lol

Top Bottom