Clutch problems

Lance628

Do driving home today pressed the clutch at stop light and it didn't disengage could get it to go in gear I had to start it in first gear then it came out of it and seemed fine drive about 30 mins and it started doing it again right before I got in my yard any idea as to what this is??

jeff_in_rc

It's either the clutch slave cylinder failing or the clutch master. Heck it could be the line but doubtful. Look under your jeep and see if you see fluid leaking from either the master or slave cylinder, that will help pinpoint the problem. Let us know what you find.

Lance628

No fluid under the jeep but I pulled the salve and pulled back the rubber boot and it was full of fluid inside so I would say that's my issue

Lance628

Yea it's pretty easy I'm just kinda wondering if I have a underlying issue this is like the third one in six months

jeff_in_rc

Wow, 3 in 6 months? Yes it sounds like there is another problem. Don't know what to say at this point but maybe talk to a tranny shop for ideas.

WJCO

Meme King
1) Are you using OEM parts when you fix it? 2) Have you ever had a clutch or flywheel changed out on it? Like and aftermarket clutch that may be too stiff and the slave cylinder seals aren't holding up with the pressure plate? If not, I'm wondering if your clutch itself is binding mechanically and keeping the slave cylinder from working properly.

Lance628

I change slave and master this morning to be safe there is def another internal issue going on it has this metallic metal sound when you pus the clutch in even in neutral I'm thinking throw out bearing maybe???

WJCO

Meme King
Yep, sounds like throw out bearing. Could have broken spring finger on pressure plate too. Gotta pull the trans either way. I bet once you get in there, you'll find that something else is causing you to go through slave cylinders so often.

WJCO

Meme King
I had it done by a shop that's why I'm wondering if like you said maybe just the spring broke

I would take it back ASAP. Hopefully you have records of all 3 cylinders you've changed. A good shop should jump right on this.

Lance628

So the update the pilot bearing was never change even though he said it was and it was bad and to add to it he put the pressure plate in backward, it's hard to find good shops up here

Top Bottom