EVØ Plush Ride 4" OR Rubicon express 4.5" long arm

Krystianjk

EVØ Plush Ride 4" w. Bilstein shocks or fox shocks (haven't decided yet) OR Rubicon express 4.5" long arm or rockkrawler long arm for 2500 bnib 5.5" lift though. Opinions? Pros and cons? I do off-road once or twice a month

Webe

I have the 3.5" Rubicon express extreme duty long arm with the Blisten shocks. I LOVE IT!!:twocents: Also I am running 37's.

Last edited:

mds22

4 or 4.5 inch with 35s if keeping full stock fenders

4.5" with 35s??? Seems like A LOT OF LIFT. You can run 35s with stock flares on a 2.5" budget boost.
IMO no reason to go higher than 3" plush coils with 35s. Just my opinion.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

You cant really compare RE to RK or EVO.

Throw that RE shit in the trash.

Then you are just comparing a long arm to a short arm kit. You can't really do that either

munstie

Running the Rubicon 3.5 extreme duty long arm (radius arms, and I don't really care for the ride or replacing bushings after 20,000 miles, new out of the box the ride was decent but as I stated 20,000 miles and seems to be getting more harsh. I have heard good things about evo plush rides though.

Last edited:

JK2DR

Currently ditching my rubicon express lift to switch to evo plus rides. Wouldnt reccomend rubicon express at all

CJW

4.5" with 35s??? Seems like A LOT OF LIFT. You can run 35s with stock flares on a 2.5" budget boost.
IMO no reason to go higher than 3" plush coils with 35s. Just my opinion.

Overlander is right; he didn't mention tire size. I mashed 2 posts together thinking they were 1 while reading quickly. My bad.

Yes, u can run less lift. But no other details were given about what mods he was making. I personally run 37s with 3 inch plush rides and flat fenders. With my wheel stuffed, I would hit my full fender. Which is why I have flat fenders now. I would run, and have run 37s and full fenders but used to a 1 inch taller bump stop and 4 inch springs. I personally love my set up now.
Given that he's looking for a coil replacement (not coilovers,....at least I assume that.....) I wouldn't go below 3 inches for a 37 or larger tire w/ flat fenders. Unless you're ok with cutting off a fair amount of metal.

Last edited:

mds22

Your right; he didn't. I mashed 2 posts together thinking they were 1 while reading quickly.
Yes, u can run less lift. But no other details were given about what mods he was making. I personally run 37s with 3 inch plush rides and flat fenders. With my wheel stuffed, I would hit my full fender. Which is why I have flat fenders now. I would run, and have run 37s and full fenders but used to a 1 inch taller bump stop and 4 inch springs. I personally love my set up now.
Given that he's looking for a coil replacement (not coilovers,....at least I assume that.....) I wouldn't go below 3 inches for a 37 or larger tire w/ flat fenders. Unless you're ok with cutting off a fair amount of metal.

I agree with this post, My opinion I posted was based on your last post when you wrote 35s instead of 37s.

munstie

Basically don't drink the Trans America Kool aid, they will tell you what you want to hear to make the sale, there are a lot better options for the same money maybe a little more out there, with much better service.

Ddays

Hooked
Just got done replacing my RE 3.5 superflex with a RK 3.5 mid arm kit. While I can't comment on the difference in ride yet (frigging dealership has had my Jeep in the shop for 6 weeks now :furious3:)
I can tell you I weighed the control arms on a scale and the RK's weigh double what the RE arms do. IMO the joints are much better as well. I know weight does not necessarily mean its better, but if you put the two side by side you'd pick the RK every time. I wouldn't say the RE kit is junk but there is a marked difference between the two.

I have to say I have never seen a negative post on the EVO plush rides anywhere. I probably would have gone to them if I wasn't wanting to get rid of all of my RE arms at the same time.

Sounds liked you are ready to pull the trigger on something. Make sure you do your homework! Don't be afraid to call one of the supporting vendors listed on this site and ask lots of questions as well. I did not do enough of this and ended up spending unnecessary money.

Grubbicon

I say EVO plush rides for sure. My brother and I were both running a RK spring and I believe it rode very well compared to others I have rode in. He recently switched to the plush rides and damn... Hands down best riding coil ever felt.

I say EVO plush rides for sure. My brother and I were both running a RK spring and I believe it rode very well compared to others I have rode in. He recently switched to the plush rides and damn... Hands down best riding coil ever felt.

^^^^ i can verify this. One of the first things gr8white asked me when he rode with me was what coils was i running. A week or two later, he owned a set.

I certainly agree the EVO plush rides are the softest coil I've found, but I'm not sure it is the "best" (at least for everyone). Push them in the corners or load your rig up and you may start to see the advantages of a more firm coil.

This said, of the three listed I would go EVO.

plext0r

Evo Plush Ride. I replaced a low-end 4" lift kit with the Evo Plush Ride and Fox 2.0 shocks and it's an amazing difference in daily driving and offroad. This was on the 2008 JKU I bought for my son. After we did the swap ourselves, we went driving around and were looking at each other like "what in the world?". We could not believe the difference between the EVO+Fox setup versus the piece-of-crap lift the previous owner had installed.

I probably should have gone with the 3" coils but since the previous owner had already replaced the front driveshaft and other things to allow for the 4" lift, we stayed with that. It looks funny to me with 35" tires, but my son loves it.

I certainly agree the EVO plush rides are the softest coil I've found, but I'm not sure it is the "best" (at least for everyone). Push them in the corners or load your rig up and you may start to see the advantages of a more firm coil.

This said, of the three listed I would go EVO.

Yes Jay, they are the best. They are what I run, so that means theyre the best....right? I mean, i hope so after i spent my hard earned money on them. :)

Grubbicon

Yes Jay, they are the best. They are what I run, so that means theyre the best....right? I mean, i hope so after i spent my hard earned money on them. :)

Hey Matt tell yourself what ever makes you sleep best at night [emoji106] lol.

Top Bottom