smittybilt defender roof rack

BobbyGTX

Hi looking for some help(newbie ), i have a 2 door rubicon jk and would like some extra space, so i been looking at roof racks. I want something slick ,nothing to bulky and i been looking at smittybilt defender roof rack. But i don't know what i need or mount option to set it up like in the pic. Want to use my hard top any ideas or opinions. Thanks

Attachments

• 1444321500429.jpg
    1444321500429.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 210

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
TO add to Eddie's post...The rack is the same for no top, and the hardtop. What changes are the mounts that you must buy separately. Im planning on the one for the hardtop for the simple reason..it is the only rack on the market that mounts ONLY to the top without any drilling. There is no other rack that can claim that, and that's what Im looking for. Is it the best rack? No, it isn't, but for what I need it will serve the purpose. It's also easily removable without any sign that it was there, which is great for the extended periods of time when you don't need the rack.

daverawr

Actually you can get tons of racks without drilling into the hard top. Thule sells mounts to mount on the "rain gutter" of the hard top and you put basically a cross bar set up then any basket can go on there..

BobbyGTX

Yea i been looking at lot racks, i just want something a little more flush looking. This the only one i seen that i like, beside the gobi rack i just dont want to send that much, yet.

BobbyGTX

TO add to Eddie's post...The rack is the same for no top, and the hardtop. What changes are the mounts that you must buy separately. Im planning on the one for the hardtop for the simple reason..it is the only rack on the market that mounts ONLY to the top without any drilling. There is no other rack that can claim that, and that's what Im looking for. Is it the best rack? No, it isn't, but for what I need it will serve the purpose. It's also easily removable without any sign that it was there, which is great for the extended periods of time when you don't need the rack.

Yes that another reason I want this rack, I can switch it between the hardtop and no top. Do you know what mount i would need? and do you know what mount there using for the lights?

LeighP

You could always look at the Sharpwrax roof rack system...they have a few different configs.....you can use with soft top, no top or hard top.....does leave some small "pads" fitted in the sides of the hardtop if you remove the rack.

BobbyGTX

You could always look at the Sharpwrax roof rack system...they have a few different configs.....you can use with soft top, no top or hard top.....does leave some small "pads" fitted in the sides of the hardtop if you remove the rack.

Thanks, I'll check it out

Top Bottom