Lift for a TJ

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
So I havent searched much on here about TJs and lifts for them. I really dont know much about the TJ like at what height control arms are needed, steering needs to be addressed, etc. My uncle owns a 2004 Rubicon TJ and is looking to do a mild lift. He is looking at no bigger than a 33 12.50 but most likely will do a 265 75r 16 which would be roughly a 32 and allow him to run them on the factory rims. I tried to push him towards 17s but new rims arent in the cards right now. I even tried to push him towards some JK rubi take offs and some spydertrax wheel spacers to adapt the TJ to JK bolt pattern. He wants to stick to the 16s for some damn reason. It is mostly a daily driver, he has the 4.0, auto, and 4.10 gears.

What are some good lifts? He is looking to pull the trigger on one asap. I havent had much time to look around for TJ stuff. Sorry if this has been answered before as I am sure it has. I will try to look some later.

Edit: nevermind, been finding info by looking. :doh: LOL.

Last edited:

LJmike66

I just put a Rubicon Express 3.5 superflex lift with bilsteins and cost around 1400 for kit and I love it.
images.jpg

naysjp

I just put a Rubicon Express 3.5 superflex lift with bilsteins and cost around 1400 for kit and I love it.
View attachment 172297

I had this on my TJ. Love it. Had Old Man Emu shocks in the beginning and Bilstein shocks when I got new shocks which I loved. Not a bad kit. I wish I would have kept the larger 4.5 springs and not have him switch to the smaller springs but I was scared me and mom would not be able to get in and out. LOL

KingCopperhead

Talk to Dirk at DPG off road. He'll get you set up, knows TJ's inside and out. Won't sell you shit that you don't need. I have his ultimate kit, basically a 2.5" Old man emu kit, jks track bars and discos, mml and 1.5" body lift. No driveline vibes, no death wobble, no need for a sye in the rear. Clears 33“ easily.

Top Bottom