The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
Congrats on the Roll Cage man can't wait to see it installed

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Thanks buddy! Got my paint ordered up so hopefully I can get it painted and installed this weekend. Weird weather this year. My luck it'll probably ending up snowing...

You get radiator done?

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app

One thing at a time boss! Probably the following weekend, although I just found out tonight we sold 2 of our horses :)wings::2thumbsup::applaudit::celebrate::drum::hohoho::honey:) so might have to deal with that. Still gotta figure which one to get too. I know Ryan (Scull20) got an aftermarket one that was only like $100, and the Mopar one is $200+/-. Not sure which way I'm gonna go. You did the Mopar right?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks buddy! Got my paint ordered up so hopefully I can get it painted and installed this weekend. Weird weather this year. My luck it'll probably ending up snowing...

One thing at a time boss! Probably the following weekend, although I just found out tonight we sold 2 of our horses :)wings::2thumbsup::applaudit::celebrate::drum::hohoho::honey:) so might have to deal with that. Still gotta figure which one to get too. I know Ryan (Scull20) got an aftermarket one that was only like $100, and the Mopar one is $200+/-. Not sure which way I'm gonna go. You did the Mopar right?

This one. Install easy peasy!

http://www.quadratec.com/products/51210_6217_07.htm

scull20

Thank you Skipper!

Rad ordered! Probably tear the old one out this weekend so I can get it buttoned back up quick

Just a heads up...the photo on that one does not have new rubber bushings at the mounting points. You'll have to take the ones off your old rad before installing. Two at the top and two at the "middle/bottom".

...unless of course it's just a stock photo that doesn't show them, but they include them anyway...then you're good to go.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Just a heads up...the photo on that one does not have new rubber bushings at the mounting points. You'll have to take the ones off your old rad before installing. Two at the top and two at the "middle/bottom".

...unless of course it's just a stock photo that doesn't show them, but they include them anyway...then you're good to go.

Thanks buddy. Gotta order my Christmas tree tool today as well

Fuck yeah don't forget the bushings!!!!

Tool is awesome I was trying to be cheap and f'd up some of mine and had to buy new ones.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
That cage will be a nice addition to your Jeep! Do you really need it though? It's not like you live in the logging country of Northwestern Canada, haha [emoji6].

Ddays

Hooked
That cage will be a nice addition to your Jeep! Do you really need it though? It's not like you live in the logging country of Northwestern Canada, haha [emoji6].

:cheesy: Yeah, but I'll look cool at the convenience store! And you never know when I'll need to strap a big ass load of croissants on my roof!

Coop

Caught the Bug
Yeah, I'm impressed with the quality of the RH stuff. Can't wait to get started!

Congrats on the Cage! Just put mine in. One caution, chase the threads in the A pillar supports! (6 bolts and they only give you 6) I spun the Allen head insert on one of the damn button head bolts. Had to order more from Fastenal. Also, the feet on the windshield attachment seem to be slightly off and it pulls the vertical bar that bolts through the door pinch seam toward the front and the bolt holes don't align without a crow bar. Maybe it was just my set, but both were the same way. Do yourself a favor and remove the top door hinge like Eddie's instructions suggest. It makes drilling and bolting much easier. You need a socket wrench set of allen head wrenches too, can't tighten these SOBs with an Allen wrench. I had to chase the bar clamp bolt holes too. Adds a lot of time but I was only getting a little over half way threading in several of the bolts before they got tight, and didn't want to break one of the bolts off.
I did it by myself but it would be easier with a bud.
Good luck partner! Wish I was closer and could help you!

Ddays

Hooked
Congrats on the Cage! Just put mine in. One caution, chase the threads in the A pillar supports! (6 bolts and they only give you 6) I spun the Allen head insert on one of the damn button head bolts. Had to order more from Fastenal. Also, the feet on the windshield attachment seem to be slightly off and it pulls the vertical bar that bolts through the door pinch seam toward the front and the bolt holes don't align without a crow bar. Maybe it was just my set, but both were the same way. Do yourself a favor and remove the top door hinge like Eddie's instructions suggest. It makes drilling and bolting much easier. You need a socket wrench set of allen head wrenches too, can't tighten these SOBs with an Allen wrench. I had to chase the bar clamp bolt holes too. Adds a lot of time but I was only getting a little over half way threading in several of the bolts before they got tight, and didn't want to break one of the bolts off.
I did it by myself but it would be easier with a bud.
Good luck partner! Wish I was closer and could help you!

Thanks for the tips COOP! I pre-read the RH instructions and Eddies write up as well. Hope to get it done tomorrow & painted up so I can do the final install Sunday.
How'd your big project end up Mr. Dynatrac? ;)

Coop

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the tips COOP! I pre-read the RH instructions and Eddies write up as well. Hope to get it done tomorrow & painted up so I can do the final install Sunday.
How'd your big project end up Mr. Dynatrac? ;)

That's next, kind of. I had to remove all my wiring to my A pillar switches because they wouldn't clear the Cage. I still have to install my SwitchPro, and reconnect everything. It took me a while to do the Cage. Just lots of steps. Like cutting the soft top positioners on each side. I tried using a hack saw. Finally said fuck it and whipped out the Dremel. Chasing the threads took a lot of time. The amount of metal crud I cleaned out told me it was worth it. RH must have used their old taps on my threads. I also had to remove my overhead Tuffy CB mount and the radio. Eddies suggestion to use the KC HiLites mount is genius! This is perfect. It was two weekends for everything. I did the rear overhead plate plus the B Piller brace with the front belt connections and the rear seat belt bar. I figured this would brace the rear factory cage bars. I didn't get the C pillar brace. This would be another weekend I think. Not sure if I'll do this or not, IDK.

Coop

Caught the Bug
By the way, I think camo paint would be cool for your cage! Ha!

Top Bottom