The build/re-build of Gruff

Ddays

Hooked
EVO/Rotopax mount solution

So I found a solution to the EVO tire carrier issue a couple weeks ago. Was surfing online and stumbled across these mounts. They're made for RZR's
and the clamps are 1.75". They fit the EVO tire carrier as they are the same dimension (I ran out & measured before I ordered). Very well made. The ring
clamp is welded on all sides to the mounting plate so it looks plenty strong. I tried a couple different places and they all work well although some places blocked
the rear lights. They are easy enough to mount that you could mount & unmount in a few minutes if you want move around. They don't fit the rollbars though - those
are larger diameter tube. They're not cheap at $37.50 each, but they are a great option.

pax 1.jpg

pax 2.jpg

pax 3.jpg

pax 4.jpg

pax 5.jpg

pax 6.jpg

pax 7.jpg

pax 9.jpg

pax 8.jpg

Speeddmn

Thats a cool find, can you get two pax on the center section? Like in picture 5? Wondering if asking the boys at EVO to weld in another tube horizontally inbetween the two uprights section so you can carry one there instead...

Either way, least these open up some options!

Ddays

Hooked
Thats a cool find, can you get two pax on the center section? Like in picture 5? Wondering if asking the boys at EVO to weld in another tube horizontally inbetween the two uprights section so you can carry one there instead...

Either way, least these open up some options!

Thanks, and yep, I'm going to mount 2 exactly like that in pic #5- they will both fit perfectly. Plus depending where you run your plate, they might not partially block it like mine..

Ddays

Hooked
Finally got fed up with my POS RK rear trackbar tonight. Between the un-godly clang when the bar rubbed between the coils and the fact that it hit the diff cover, time for the ol heave-ho.

Went from this scenario:

RK Rear track bar.jpg

To this. Hmmm, how bout that? No rub anywhere from the factory bar. You can see where the RK bar hit more than a couple times.

rear track bar rub.jpg

Stock track bar.jpg

Ddays

Hooked
After changing my rear track bar out I was checking out my wheels & admiring how well the sharkhide has protected them so far. This is great stuff.

wheel front.jpg

But then I went to mount up the tire and looked at the back of the wheels. I was in such a hurry to get the damn things mounted up that I didn't take the time to do the back of the wheels. Dumbass....
Oh well, live & learn. It does show the difference between treated and untreated polished aluminum though and what a difference this coating makes.

wheel rear.jpg

benatc1

Hooked
Finally got fed up with my POS RK rear trackbar tonight. Between the un-godly clang when the bar rubbed between the coils and the fact that it hit the diff cover, time for the ol heave-ho.

Went from this scenario:

View attachment 209430

To this. Hmmm, how bout that? No rub anywhere from the factory bar. You can see where the RK bar hit more than a couple times.

View attachment 209431

View attachment 209433

sucks what the track bar did. that's still one hell of a bow in that spring though but not like it'll go anywhere. much better with the stock bar though

Ddays

Hooked
Thank you. I just tried to build it capable with some little touches here and there. Been a blast so far!

Ddays

Hooked
Opened up some old logging roads on our property and my neighbors over the past few months. Not Moab but still pretty fun. Good place to practice different lines & balancing yourself on obstacles & such. Lot of tree stumps.
Added bonus is its nice & cool in the woods. Damn its hot out. Got to 99 yesterday & humid as hell...

0724160804b.jpg

0724160753.jpg

0724160805.jpg

0724160755c.jpg

0724160925.jpg

0724160923.jpg

0724160800a.jpg

0724160922.jpg

Napalm

Opened up some old logging roads on our property and my neighbors over the past few months. Not Moab but still pretty fun. Good place to practice different lines & balancing yourself on obstacles & such. Lot of tree stumps.
Added bonus is its nice & cool in the woods. Damn its hot out. Got to 99 yesterday & humid as hell...

]

Great photos! Looks like a lot of fun!

boardsurfer

After changing my rear track bar out I was checking out my wheels & admiring how well the sharkhide has protected them so far. This is great stuff.

View attachment 209434

But then I went to mount up the tire and looked at the back of the wheels. I was in such a hurry to get the damn things mounted up that I didn't take the time to do the back of the wheels. Dumbass....
Oh well, live & learn. It does show the difference between treated and untreated polished aluminum though and what a difference this coating makes.

View attachment 209435

Can you tell me more about the Sharkhide? Did you apply with the quart bottle and rag or the aerosol spray? How long has it been on? Any regular maintenance or just set it and forget it? Does it come off when you wash?

I've got a new set of beadlocks set for delivery in a couple days and your pics are a pretty awesome testimony.

Ddays

Hooked
Can you tell me more about the Sharkhide? Did you apply with the quart bottle and rag or the aerosol spray? How long has it been on? Any regular maintenance or just set it and forget it? Does it come off when you wash?

I've got a new set of beadlocks set for delivery in a couple days and your pics are a pretty awesome testimony.

You bet - I just applied it from the quart bottle with a lint-free rag and let it sit overnight. That's it. No wiping, no buffing, nothing. I did use a small paint brush where the finish on the wheels was rough (inside the holes). I applied it in early march when it was really cold out. The can gives a wide temp range for application but says the colder the better. I know it was below freezing when I did it. When i wash my wheels I just use soap & water & they clean right up. Brake dust really doesn't seem to stick to this stuff either. Be curious to see how long the application lasts. It says a couple years so we'll see.

Good luck. I'll be watching for your thread on your new wheels!

boardsurfer

You bet - I just applied it from the quart bottle with a lint-free rag and let it sit overnight. That's it. No wiping, no buffing, nothing. I did use a small paint brush where the finish on the wheels was rough (inside the holes). I applied it in early march when it was really cold out. The can gives a wide temp range for application but says the colder the better. I know it was below freezing when I did it. When i wash my wheels I just use soap & water & they clean right up. Brake dust really doesn't seem to stick to this stuff either. Be curious to see how long the application lasts. It says a couple years so we'll see.

Good luck. I'll be watching for your thread on your new wheels!

Thank you very much! I was really lamenting the constant maintenance to keep them looking good. I will give it a shot!

Ddays

Hooked
Thank you very much! I was really lamenting the constant maintenance to keep them looking good. I will give it a shot!

Very welcome! I was really hesitant about getting unfinished wheels too but this stuff is the real deal. Best coating I've ever used hands down. I have an aluminum canoe I'm going to clean up & put this stuff on this Fall.

Funny - this isnt just for aluminum. Can mentions nothing about ferrous or non-ferrous metals. It just says metal. I'm curious to try it on something else.

Ddays

Hooked
Opened up another logging road

Riley's always telling me I'm taking the wrong line

trail 1.jpg

And get back in the Jeep dammit! Yer gonna need the chainsaw on this one.

trail 3.jpg

Trail 2.jpg

trail 4.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom