2016 Wayalife End of Summer WINDROCK Run - Official Event Thread

On a non-dog related note, I finally fixed my parking brake!

Next up:
Front axle seals (left side is leaking)
Ball joints
C gussets
Rear axle shafts
Service everything
Plugs/wires
Bust corrosion (fuck all is winter salt!)

It's all tun and games till Cujo eats 10 friggin corn cobs! At the same time. And can't poop them out.

$3500 later.....:grayno:

Jegar

For anyone wondering, I called a few places and this is the best value and had a great location near Windrock.

Thanks for doing this! Great prices -- they are cheaper than the reservations I made at the lesser quality motel (Quality Inn) way back when, when this thread first started. Unfortunately, the Comfort Inn doesn't allow pets, and I am planning on bringing my dog. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461812980.868843.jpg (So Cujo will have a play buddy besides the corn cobs :) )

Also, thanks THardy for all of your planning and organization! So looking forward to this trip!

Last edited:

thardy

Banned
Ok, so now that all of the Pre-Runs are complete, I can start focusing on the main event!

First things first, I'm going to need a few volunteers for each category. Each group will require a leader that is capable of reading a map and knowledgeable enough to spot at the skill level they're leading. As time narrows down, I will divide run groups accordingly, but for now, let me know who all would be willing to lead for this run. I would prefer people that are somewhat familiar with Windrock, but not a requirement.

whytiptoe

Ok, so now that all of the Pre-Runs are complete, I can start focusing on the main event!

First things first, I'm going to need a few volunteers for each category. Each group will require a leader that is capable of reading a map and knowledgeable enough to spot at the skill level they're leading. As time narrows down, I will divide run groups accordingly, but for now, let me know who all would be willing to lead for this run. I would prefer people that are somewhat familiar with Windrock, but not a requirement.

I'd be interested to assist anyway I could. My brother and I are planning on going out there several times before the main event.

TennJK

Trevor, I am a for sure Yes on the Advanced group. And I can help wherever needed. Just let me know[emoji106]🏼

... (So Cujo will have a play buddy besides the corn cobs :) )

Just saw this. Sorry for the late reply. Bear (that a Cujo's real name) unfortunately is very leash aggressive with other dogs. He thinks he's a tough guy but he's not a good scrapper. He got his ass kicked by a bulldog and hasn't been the same with other dogs since. I'd hate to go all that way only to spend the weekend trying to fix his dumb ass after getting shredded by your dog.

Once again I'll say that you are doing a great job setting this up! From all the planning and pre-runs, I want to thank you for the tremendous effort you're putting into this to make it a stellar run for all. Great job!

Now thats funny! Wrong, but funny... ;)

I got nothing.

croge17

Trevor move me to the extreme group, winch is ordered, front and rear lockers now, just mounted up the 37's today.

swampdog

As much as I want it to be, I've got a LOT to do to prepare for this thing!

Let me know what I can do man (other than Uwharrie research). I'm here to help man.

I'm going to have to claybar or do something with my paint bc the trails TRASHED the black and hard top so bad. Totally worth it though.

jkwebbie

Let me know what I can do man (other than Uwharrie research). I'm here to help man.

I'm going to have to claybar or do something with my paint bc the trails TRASHED the black and hard top so bad. Totally worth it though.

Good ol Uwharrie. I think I might be heading there tomorrow lol

Top Bottom