Fire Extinguisher

jkwebbie

I'm wanting to get a fire extinguisher for the Jeep and was wondering where everyone got theres? I don't want to get a crappy Wal-Mart extinguisher that won't work when I need it (hopefully I'll never need it). And also where did you mount it or store it in your Jeep?
Thanks for all the help guys!!!!

Peak

You want to get a BC extinguisher. Those are rated for electrical and chemical fires. An ABC will harm your engine. I picked up mine off amazon for $30, it's made by Kidde. They also sell mounts on there for less than $10. I plan on mounting mine to the seat bracket on both driver and passenger.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
BC for use in the engine bay, ABC for general use outside of the vehicle. Having both is a good idea, especially if you camp with a campfire.

jkwebbie

You want to get a BC extinguisher. Those are rated for electrical and chemical fires. An ABC will harm your engine. I picked up mine off amazon for $30, it's made by Kidde. They also sell mounts on there for less than $10. I plan on mounting mine to the seat bracket on both driver and passenger.

BC for use in the engine bay, ABC for general use outside of the vehicle. Having both is a good idea, especially if you camp with a campfire.

Thanks guys! I planned on getting at least 2, one for driver side and one on the roll bar on the passenger side

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I got a 2.5lb Kidde ABC and some heavy duty Velcro from Home Depot and mounted it to the roll bar. Just keep an eye on the charge indicator and you'll be fine. I'm planning on getting another to mount to the drivers seat bracket to have one in closer proximity as well.

2011jk

No the wires are for powering a plug that I can use to charge my Maglight.
I also have a connector if I ever want to use my Battery tender.
I have a Warn plug and jumper kit wired to the battery so if I need to jump someone on the trail its easy.
I have welding cables running from the rear battery to the front where the Painless dual battery relay is.

My arb compressior is mounted inside the fender area behind the passenger tail light.

Last edited:
Top Bottom