Anyone selling a yj,tj, or jku?

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Curious if anyone is selling an older jeep and would be willing to trade me for my 2015? Also would be interested in trading my 2 door for a 4 door. I need something that will function for me. I just found out im going to be a dad. If I'm going to be paying payments, its gotta be on a 4 door.

My jeep is a 2015 sport. 7k miles. Premium soft top with tinted windows

All standard everything except the uconnect bluetooth add on.

4" evo enforcer w/ bilsteins and draglink flip

Slabs with 37 toyos (needs new tires)

Evo protek system

PS BFH stinger with 2 round LEDs wired into the fogs

It was a work in progress. It runs awesome obviously its brand new. Just needs new tires and gears. I would like to trade for something that is already lifted and ready to go bc i wont have the time to put in it.

I know I'm missing some stuff that i have laying in the garage waiting to go on it. Would be an awesome rig for someone who wants a new project.

This is just a feeler. Im in no rush. Ill just keep it and deal with it if it comes down to it.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446430461.821309.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1446430510.988600.jpg

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
You might get a really good trade in offer if you go that route as the 2015 has a better warranty than the 2016s fyi. Hell my 2012 with 24k on it....i got 23.5 or something as the trade and yeah it wasnt perfect at all.

If you put it back to stock, or close to it, we could all team up and get your parts, or most of them swapped over in a long weekend :thumb: Plus those 4" coils and lift is perfect for a jku

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You might get a really good trade in offer if you go that route as the 2015 has a better warranty than the 2016s fyi. Hell my 2012 with 24k on it....i got 23.5 or something as the trade and yeah it wasnt perfect at all.

If you put it back to stock, or close to it, we could all team up and get your parts, or most of them swapped over in a long weekend :thumb: Plus those 4" coils and lift is perfect for a jku

This^^^ lets go trade this bad boy in and do a weekend swap!

GregMort13

Caught the Bug

This^^^ lets go trade this bad boy in and do a weekend swap!

Very very tempting. Ill have to look into it. Just don't know what i would do about the track bar brackets i cut and drag link flip kit. Guess i would have to buy more. I still owe 17 on this though. Paid 25.5 for it if i remember correctly

Id also be losing my front bumper

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Very very tempting. Ill have to look into it. Just don't know what i would do about the track bar brackets i cut and drag link flip kit. Guess i would have to buy more. I still owe 17 on this though. Paid 25.5 for it if i remember correctly

Id also be losing my front bumper

Jim might have his oem draglink still for you and then that way your able to swap the flip kit over to the new jeep. As for the bumper you just need to eat that since you can't put an oem one on since you cut the frame rails.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Jim might have his oem draglink still for you and then that way your able to swap the flip kit over to the new jeep. As for the bumper you just need to eat that since you can't put an oem one on since you cut the frame rails.

Yeah, I'm gathering everything now and throwing around the idea. I have my oem draglink still. Currently convincing my girlfriend to justify the extra 60-70 a month to get a rubicon again, then just stick with 35s, weld on gussets and I'm literally good to go. Having a baby now, 37s are out of the picture for me. 35s will be plenty for me to come mess around with you guys on blues and occasionally blacks at rausch. Would get an auto trans though bc it would be my girlfriends DD and ill take my hour commute to work in her little ford fiesta. Slowly piecing the puzzle together..

thardy

Banned
Yeah, I'm gathering everything now and throwing around the idea. I have my oem draglink still. Currently convincing my girlfriend to justify the extra 60-70 a month to get a rubicon again, then just stick with 35s, weld on gussets and I'm literally good to go. Having a baby now, 37s are out of the picture for me. 35s will be plenty for me to come mess around with you guys on blues and occasionally blacks at rausch. Would get an auto trans though bc it would be my girlfriends DD and ill take my hour commute to work in her little ford fiesta. Slowly piecing the puzzle together..

Hope you can work it out man! And congrats on the little one.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
If you go back to your oem drag link all you would need is a new bushing since you would just flip yours over. I couldnt get mine out of the 2 door so that had to stay.

I went from manual to auto, and while at times I miss the stick, I actually enjoy the auto just driving around, especially after a long day. I have yet to wheel mine, but driving steves offroad I liked it even more. I feel you will be fine with 35s as well on your slabs you already have once you pull the 37s. All I ever did on the 2 door, and plan to do with this 4 door, is the c-guesset kit and shafts eventually. It worked great on the 2 door and Im sure will be just as good on the 4 door. While a rubicon is more, its nice to have the lockers and all from the start, and also the better t-case. Someday I plan to upgrade to a pro-rock up front which I am not sure on getting an unloaded one, or just selling my stock axle since they are great for TJ swaps to offset the cost.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Hope you can work it out man! And congrats on the little one.

Thanks man!

If you go back to your oem drag link all you would need is a new bushing since you would just flip yours over. I couldnt get mine out of the 2 door so that had to stay.

I went from manual to auto, and while at times I miss the stick, I actually enjoy the auto just driving around, especially after a long day. I have yet to wheel mine, but driving steves offroad I liked it even more. I feel you will be fine with 35s as well on your slabs you already have once you pull the 37s. All I ever did on the 2 door, and plan to do with this 4 door, is the c-guesset kit and shafts eventually. It worked great on the 2 door and Im sure will be just as good on the 4 door. While a rubicon is more, its nice to have the lockers and all from the start, and also the better t-case. Someday I plan to upgrade to a pro-rock up front which I am not sure on getting an unloaded one, or just selling my stock axle since they are great for TJ swaps to offset the cost.

yeah, it doesn't hurt my feelings either way auto or manual. Auto just makes more sense since it will be my girlfriends grocery getter. Shes actually excited about the jeep being hers. Told me i could do whatever to it but i don't wanna get out of hand. Most likely just looking at keeping everything i have, swapping it over to a rubi and sticking with 35s. Maybe still look into trading my 4" plush rides for 3". Gonna go peek at a few dealerships tonight!

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Thanks man!

yeah, it doesn't hurt my feelings either way auto or manual. Auto just makes more sense since it will be my girlfriends grocery getter. Shes actually excited about the jeep being hers. Told me i could do whatever to it but i don't wanna get out of hand. Most likely just looking at keeping everything i have, swapping it over to a rubi and sticking with 35s. Maybe still look into trading my 4" plush rides for 3". Gonna go peek at a few dealerships tonight!

If I couldnt have kept 95% of my parts I would have never switched, but I love my 4 door. Congrats on the dad news btw.....makes me laugh my one friend at work saw the 4 door as first thing he asked was who did I get prego :cheesy:

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
If I couldnt have kept 95% of my parts I would have never switched, but I love my 4 door. Congrats on the dad news btw.....makes me laugh my one friend at work saw the 4 door as first thing he asked was who did I get prego :cheesy:

Yess. A little earlier then i wanted being Im 23 haha but thats alright. I just have someone to have fun with now. Lmao makes me wish i never traded in my 10A Rubi. Could have never afforded the 500 dollar payment though with a kid lmao

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks man!

Keep the 4" springs when you do the swap and I'm your not happy with the height afterwords then see if you can swap for 3" ones

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Congrats on becoming a dad! I've been hauling around my two sons for a while now. A 4 door is perfect for kids.
If you do trade it in, I do recommend a hard top. Makes getting the stroller in and out of the back so much easier. Lol

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Keep the 4" springs when you do the swap and I'm your not happy with the height afterwords then see if you can swap for 3" ones

True. Ill probably do that

GRATS on being a dad, lots of good ideas here for trading it in [emoji3]

thanks man! Getting very excited!

Congrats on becoming a dad! I've been hauling around my two sons for a while now. A 4 door is perfect for kids.
If you do trade it in, I do recommend a hard top. Makes getting the stroller in and out of the back so much easier. Lol

thank you! Yes i priced out on a build your own and it would literally cost me and extra 30 dollars a month to get a base line 4 door. Just trying to justify the additional 70-100 a month for a rubi lmao. I thought about the hard top solely for grocery shopping and what not. I appreciate the advice!

Congrats on the news!! Babys love jeeps. They are nap machines lol

Thanks man! I remember my dad telling me he used to drive me around to get me to fall asleep lmao

Top Bottom